Grandson built vacuum pump

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHS

my orphin grandson(lives with my wife and me) was in my son's shop.son was filtering.the buncher funnel was all but stopped.it was in a flask with a side arm flask.michael asked what the side arm was for.it was explained to him.
he left and returned an hour or so later.he found an aquarium pump took a piecce of 4 inch pvc pipe,drilled a hole in a cap,put the aquariun hose through the hole,drilled a hole for the plug wire,drilled a hole for a air fitting,taped it,installed the air fitting,glued a screw cap fitting,and installed a 4 inch cap.found a old fuel bowl on a n model ford.spliced that into a clear hose.brought to my son and said can you try this on that arm.
my son not wanting to be negative pluged it in hooked up the hose and was amazed at the result.when asked why the old glass fuel filter,michael suggested that the pump might pull some liquid in and it would keep it out of the pump.he is allowed limited access to power tools.
michael did not know that there was any such thing as a vacuum pump.he is 12 years old.
youth thinking out of the box
hope you enjoy this

I can relate to his invention. I do these things multiple times a day in my head and if hes as inventive to create it in that short of time trust me that kid has acces to power tools you just dont know it. I mean i know personally my grandpa doesnt understand how the wood got cut he never heard anything. Little to his knowledge im short of a genius when it comes to that.

Most Excellent !!!
I have to build one and try it out. It's a great idea !!
(Give him access to the power tools and teach him safety. Then stand back and watch what he creates.) 8)

Latest posts

Back