green powder with dmg

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

when i go after yellow pddmg powder when adding dmg to the solution,i am obtaining a green powder which i think is not pddmg-----am i correct in my thinking?
thanks for replyes
Arthur

Hi Arthur,

On dropping palladium with DMG, sometimes a greenish precipitate can be obtained. As far as I experienced it, this discoloration can be due to small amounts of gold, present in solution, or to small amounts of Pt(II), coprecipitated with the Pd-compound. Like Pd(II), Pt(II), too, forms a very dark colored precipitate with DMG, but very much slower, than Pd. The two compounds [M(II)(HDMG)2], where M = Pd, Pt, are isomorphous, that means, they have not only the same stoichiometric composition, they crystallize also in the same crystalline structure.

freechemist

thanks Freechemist for your explanation and experiments----i am sure that the solution have small quantity of gold and this might precipitate the green powder-----but as Lino mentioned and i deduced,it is not pd-------if by any chance it is pd,is so small quantity,that is imessurable to me.
thanks again ,
Arthur

Latest posts

Back