Guillotine style coin press

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topher_osAUrus said:
g_axelsson said:
Refining Rick said:
http://quicksilvermint.com/
Quicksilver mint said:
The mint is operated using controlled amounts of accelerated gravity by raising a 150 lb. hammer to a height of 9 feet. The coins set between the two dies are struck with an incredible 40 tons of force!

That was easy! :mrgreen:

... but I'm not sure about the "accelerated gravity", last time I checked the gravity is by all practical means constant all over the world. :lol:

Göran

Maybe there is a rift between parallel universes, causes spatial distortions in certain "soft spots"... Or maybe ive been binge watching too much fringe lately :mrgreen:

HA! Soft spots indeed! Ever been to a Ren. fair? Maybe the iron is accelerated by cleavage? Seems to suck in pickles, flowers, and knifes easy enough.
My sons and I still make fun of Oliva trying to speak like Leonard Nimoy. Classic stuff.

I love this. Great idea repurposing such an old device. And well 'executed'. 8)

Keeping in mind the brutal purpose for which it was originally designed, my internal safety Klaxon is blaring. With kids roaming at a fair, it'd be nice to see some better guarding in place.

Back