Hello all! Another crazy Canadian newbie!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemicuda

First of all I have to say this....WOW!
I have never before seen a site like this, people willing to help others,Can it get any better?
Anyway about me....my name is Keith,I am 34 years young, a car enthusiast and hobby metal detectorist, and I have been interested in the recycling of computers+electronics for some time now.
But I always ran into the same problem when I started to reduce my salvaged computer scrap.....How to refine all the P.M. scrap back to close to pure.
This question has been solved by the interesting posts, pictures and forums I have seen here!
So I can now start turning out some neat gold buttons like I have seen in pictures here, ( after 10 years of collecting off and on,the pile grows!) :shock: .
And yes as a newbie I have encountered some interesting problems,but this is a topic for another post!
I feel like AR absorbing Gold,as there is lots and lots of good info to read and absorb!!!!!
I look forward to becoming more educated in the art of P.M. refining!

Welcome fellow Canadian !
And good luck in your refining. If there is anything, just ask on the forum.
We (usually) don't bite. ;)

Keith,

Welcome to the forum,

My standard noob welcome always includes the link to the newbies Guided Tour post if you haven't been there yet, please check it out:

Guided Tour

Enjoy and be safe!

Steve

Thank-you for the warm welcome! I have taken the guided tour and I am finding this forum very interesting indeed. Wading through all of it is fun,all though time consuming...and with every new picture i see i get more and more excited to start turning out good returns!
Thanx again to Noxx and Steve for the welcome!

Hey Jimdoc! I am actually in the process of building a Hemi 'Cuda clone as we speak...I managed to land me a pristine 1967 Barracuda notchback with a 273 in it. And of course appears to be a numbers matching Engine /Transmission combination. I am going to be pulling out the old engine in favour of a new generation 2003 5.7 liter magnum engine mated to a A518 overdriven 4speed automatic.A long awaited winter project! as well as the recovering and recycling of Computer scrap! So as for your question..Yes I do own a 'Cuda and someday she will proudly sport a Hemi!

Keith,
That is cool! I used to have mopars, but I have
been priced out of that game as of late, untill I
win the lottery. I had a '67,'70,'72,'73 and '74
barracudas. Also about 70 cars and trucks that
I would build and have fun with in my life. My
favorites were a '65 Dodge Dart GT with a 318
and my '72 Chevy Blazer, and my '68 Impala
fastback. Right now I have a '67 Cutlass Supreme
with the Turnpike Cruiser option, it is basically
a 442 with a two barrel carb and highway gears.
That has been sitting in my garage needing some
work for awhile now. Good luck with your projects.
Jim Doc

Here I was thinking that I am a gear head! you have me beat hands down my friend!You have been very fortunate in your field with all the cars you have been able to toy around with.Your Turnpike Cruiser sounds like alot of fun. How far along are you in regards to her? are you doing a full resto?
You had mentioned that she resembles a 442, I do not know alot about G.M. and it's siblings but I am willing to learn!

The '67 was an early present to me as I had to sell my 1970 Challenger in an Earlier relationship (but we won't go there for a while) and i had regretted that ever since the day she was trailered out of my yard for a long trip to her new home and owner....lol the car not the ex..I wish it could have been the other way around! lol but I learned in regards to that! as now I have neither the car or the ex.

Anyways I am having fun on this site and I am looking forward to more in the future!

Keith,
There is a website on just the 1967 Cutlass, but it
is down right now. I guess he didn't pay his hosting
on time. (Oldsmobility.com) maybe it will get back
on line soon.
This guys site has the same info on
the Turnpike cruiser also he is in Norway;
http://welcome.to/1967Oldsmobile

I bought the car running and drove it from up around
New York down to Philly and it ran great. Since then I
had it stored at a friends untill I got my own garage.
It needs the exhaust installed as I had problems with
broken manifolds and tried headers that wouldn't fit.
So I had to find manifolds that I have back on the car,
I just need to finish putting the new exhaust up. The
trunk floor is also rust through so I have a new one to
weld in. I usually used to keep my cars in primer, and
not worrying about looks, unless it was too nice to mess
with. I plan on keeping it as I have had it since 2001
I just need to get working on it.
My quest for precious metals has sidetracked me a bit.

I could have bought my brothers '70 Challenger Conv.
back in the '80's that is one that makes me wish I had
a garage back then, or even a yard I could have parked
it in would have worked.
Glad to have you here, you found the right place to get
your precious metals hobby on the right track.
Jim

Jim,sounds like you have a decent car!
Back in the '60's and even into the early '70s you could still work on cars and not have to worry about the crap we put up with today. I like the overall look of the car you have,and the engine combination works well.Surprising to see that the 400 puts out a full 300 ponies with a tiny little 2 barrel carb. I must say I still enjoy the final product in any automotive project that can put a wrench to a create something that is enjoyable and works well.
I am very glad to have joined this forum. And I am looking forward to all that refining has to offer, including it's ups and downs!
I am also looking forward to the possibility of forging new friendships as well!

Merry Christmas to all as well!

Just remember safety first.
That is the most important
thing to always consider.
There is always someone
here to help if you are unsure
of anything. That way hopefully
there are way more ups than
downs.
Jim

Latest posts

Back