Hello everyone

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My name is Chris. I have a background in analytical chemistry, and have some experience with electrolysis/reverse electrolysis methods.
I am trying to find information about recycling PM's from computers, crt's, cell phones and catalytic converters. I am looking into starting a part-time business recycling while I go to school full-time. I would like to be able to make $1,000 per month on a part-time basis. Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree. I would appreciate any guidance that you may be able to give me.

Thanks

Chris aka boogfhu

Would be hard to make money on electronic scrap unless you were buying and selling in bulk, and with any business it may take time to get foot in the door and learn the ropes, while the competition has the door blocked, look for steady pay, then learn to refine in spare time, karat gold, would be more profitable than dissolving computers, learn testing buying and selling.

Define "part-time" for us. 10 hours a week? 20 hours?
If you happen across the right customer, you may get a truck load
of e-scrap for free. Some things can easily be re-sold depending
on where you live. Some things will be scrap for sure with no resale
value. That stuff can be broken down and seperated by type.
Ribbon cables, power supplies, hard drives, flopppy drives and CD's,
aluminum, steel and of course the gold bearing items like motherboards,
memory, cards with gold fingers and CPU's.

Local scrap yards may buy a lot of what you have and the higher value
gold bearing items can be sold on eBay. One day you can collect and
keep some things to process and refine. You can learn a lot about
how to safely do that here.

It takes work and a little know how but you could probably support
yourself as you go to school. You may even gain something greater
along the way as well - the "I can do it" attitude! 8)

I'm new to this but if i was going to try to make 1000.00 a month part time i would try dealing in scrap and karat gold and silver for cash on the spot . You could start that up with a scale , calculator, some testing equipment, and some cash. The pawn shops are making a killing right now in this economy.

but that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Eric

Back