hello from ne PA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisp

hi my name is chris i moved to pa about 5 years ago.i moved from north georgia to help my mom a little bit,and see what the northern side of the states had to offer.the area is beautiful and i love the snow ( - the freezing winters)the summers are pretty awsome.i am in the recycling industry ,mainly demolition and subcontracting with scrapyards.i enjoy sitting in a ac/heated machine but im usually running the torch ,im very skilled with it its pretty hot in the summer and i sometimes catch on fire (unintentionally) in the winter,that just makes it a litte more exciting.mainly i hollow out the insides of old factorys and cut up heavy equiptment.ive been saving computer equiptment of all sorts for about 2 years ,trading scrap for scrap.ive just convinced one of my buddies to let me start piddling with his gold scrap he has quite a bit of stuff from the army depot.but im still learning the processes so wish me luck and if anyone has anything to share feel free to do so!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you are rummaging in old factories, one thing to keep an eye out for is old (circa 1970-1980) mini computers. They could be quite valuable for collectors.
Mini computers in this case is not the small eee-pc of today, but large cabinet sized computers, mainly Digital Equipment series PDP.
You could easily get $2000-$3000 for a nice PDP-8 with disks. Even the front panel is valuable.
Like this one I found.

For the gold refining, read Hookes book and watch the videos on Lazersteves website, pick some simple scrap to start with, for example circuit board fingers and do smaller trial runs to learn the technique.
And the most important advice, ask questions if you run into problem, we are here to help each other.

:)

/Göran

Back