Hello from the foot hills of the Cascades in Sweet Home,OR.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard36

I am new to the forum, but not to the Art of Assaying, and Refining. I am an Assayer, and occasionally I do a little Refining for myself and or others. I am an avid rockhound with extensive knowledge in the art of Rock & Mineral identification. I have a functional knowledge of mineral vein environments, and how to identify them as well. I have found several as a result, But as of the present, have yet to start operations on "The Good One." :lol: I am also able to identify minerals and elements with various testing methods. Anyway, I am open to conversation, contact me if you wish. :D 8)

Welcome to the forum!

What types of metals have you assayed for? What equipment do you use?

Hello Lou, Good chatting with you. Yeah, I am new to this forum, but it is, and has been a blessing from our Lord above that I found such a site. The info on this site is beyond all expectations. I wish that I had found this site years ago. Anyway, Yes I am an Assayer, I can do Assays for Gold & Silver. If my furnace would get hot enough, I could do Fire Assays for PGM'S. It takes at least 4500 F. to get a good recovery of PGM'S, my gas furnace will only get up to 3300 F. I have considered installing a T-Bone to allow for oxygen injection, which would allow me to achieve that temperature, and most likely higher, but as of yet, have not done so. I have other skills to offer as well, Qualitative wet chemical / Bead / and Flame tests to identify various elements within Ores / Dore Bullion. Most of my testing skills are geared toward identifying metals, though there some non-metallic elements that I can test for. Check out my post under refiners buyers and assayers to see what all I can do.

For those who would like to see a listing of my skills, Check out my post, "Assays & Element identification"
in Refiners, Buyers, Assayers, etc. I am open to questions pertaining to Economic Geology /mineralogy. So if you have a question, make a post. I will reply.

For those interested in prospecting, and or rock & mineral related questions, check out my posts under
"The Rock Man", and "Washington state Gold ore" under "prospecting". Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome, and greatly appreciated.

I look forward to reading and responding to them.
Chat with you there.

Sincerely; Rick.

For those that are interested, I have posted a list of books under "The Rock Man's Library".
If you find, or have found my posts pertaining to "Rocks and Minerals" interesting, then these books are suggested reading.

I hope that these books help you, and others.

Sincerely; Rick. a.k.a. "The Rock Man"

Back