Hello

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanery

I've lurked sround on and off for a couple of years, decided to join to see about feasability of recovering precious metals from a variety of scrap.
I am an old tech guy who threw away a LOT of boards/parts not realizing the gold was recoverable.
I currently have a can of jewlers sweeps ( gold, platinum, silver ), 113 gms of plated pins, edge connectors, cpus, .memory back to '386' days, 97% platinum wire and other misc. scrap. Not a lot of any one thing. Still trying to figure out what to do with it all.

Wan Man

Last edited:
welcome to the forum. hokes book will be right up your alley. it is available free here on the forum.

i suggest, taking your time getting to the platinum. refining platinum will be a lot more difficult and dangerous than you think. there are certainly more dangers than she notes in her book.

welcome to the forum. hokes book will be right up your alley. it is available free here on the forum.

i suggest, taking your time getting to the platinum. refining platinum will be a lot more difficult and dangerous than you think. there are certainly more dangers than she notes in her book.
Been reading Hoke's book on and off as well as lurking. I just have to re-read when I go back to it due to "memory evaporation" from the addition of age ! Slow process these days.
As regards the platinum, in the past I have sold the wire to a jewler for about 1/3 of spot. He rubbed it on a stone, added a chemical, and paid me on the spot. Unfortunately, he's no longer there.
Have to make decision to sell off scrap on ebay or try to extract myself. If I don't do something with it I'm pretty sure my kids will toss it when I'm gone. 1 prob is I'm an apartment dweller and can't really risk fumes.
Anyway, I'll keep reading.

Thanks, Chris

Latest posts

Back