Hello

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello,I have find this accidentally and has interested me,can anybody say me what I need to extract gold and other metals from cpu's? What metals can I extract from a computer? Can extract too from movil telephones? What chemicals need to begin? I wait your responses thanks.

cuervogrisss said:
Hello,I have find this accidentally and has interested me,can anybody say me what I need to extract gold and other metals from cpu's? What metals can I extract from a computer? Can extract too from movil telephones? What chemicals need to begin? I wait your responses thanks.
It's all here, all you have to do is read. The questions have been answered too many times to answer them again.

Welcome to the forum.

Do yourself a huge favor by reading Hoke's book on refining precious metals wastes.

Harold

Thanks.
I have the book but how extract the metals from pc components? Have seen in a video that mixing hcl acid and nitric acid,this is enought to disolve plastic?

OK - go slow. Use the search function here you will find a lot
of information. Go through some topics and just read until
your eyes and your head hurt. Then do it again.

8)

cuervogrisss said:
Thanks.
I have the book but how extract the metals from pc components? Have seen in a video that mixing hcl acid and nitric acid,this is enought to disolve plastic?
All of this will become more evident as you continue to search and read. Mean time, no, you do NOT get rid of plastics with acid. You generally have to hand sort, eliminating as much as you can be clipping that which is desirable to process.

Be advised, recovering values from e scrap is very labor intensive. You would struggle endlessly trying to make a living, but you can enjoy the fun of recovering values on a hobby basis and have a great time, especially when you melt your first button. Take it slow, read until you feel you understand the processes involved, then read them again.

Hoke's book will NOT teach you how to process e scrap. However, it will teach you the basic principles of refining, as well as how to test, how to make test solutions, and how to identify the reactions. If you understand her teachings, you will then be able to apply the gained knowledge towards refining scrap of almost any nature, including e scrap.

The forum has a tremendous amount of information that will aid you in understanding e scrap methods. I strongly recommend you study them as well, then pick that which best serves your particular application. At that time, you'll be able to ask questions that need to be addressed, and have an understanding that is adequate that you can profit from the answers you'll receive. That may not be the case if you jump in without understanding the basics, so don't get in a hurry. Start saving material that needs to be processed, and study until it makes sense.

Good luck!

Harold

Latest posts

Back