help about best way to extract gold from computer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathamjad

i need this help because i cant understand English books of refining gold
I need help from you i want understand some things that relate of extracting gold from computer
The first question: What is the best way of extracting gold from gold-plated brass pins of motherboard
Many of ways I have found such
1. reverse electrolysis using sulfuric acid 95% for separating gold from copper
2. The second way to add hydrogen peroxide, hydrochloric acid, 3% to the copper pieces to separate the gold-plated copper( i know this way is better with separating gold plated in rams)
3. The third way to add nitric acid to copper pieces pins to separate gold from copper
4. The fourth way to add boiling with hydrochloric acid to the brass pins to separate the gold-plated copper

Second question: about aqua regia
Is it possible to put a gold-plated pins without separation of copper in aqua regia and dissolved (I know that aqua regia dissolves all the metals copper and gold)
Then I add urea and smb deposition
are this is good way to put gold plated pins of motherboard in aqua regia or we need first separting gold plated from cooper before put it in aqua regia

Third question:
if i use reverse electrolysis can i collect the separating gold plated and put it in aqua regia to refined?

four question
Does the fact that all 10 Mother Board gives one gram gold ??
Does the fact that all 50 Ram give one gram gold ???
how much gold i will refined from 1000 pc Pentium 2 or 3 ??

mathamjad said:
i need this help because i cant understand English books of refining gold
I need help from you i want understand some things that relate of extracting gold from computer
The first question: What is the best way of extracting gold from gold-plated brass pins of motherboard
Many of ways I have found such
1. reverse electrolysis using sulfuric acid 95% for separating gold from copper

That would be the one I would use, more experienced people with proper know-how and setup may use cyanide leaching

mathamjad said:
2. The second way to add hydrogen peroxide, hydrochloric acid, 3% to the copper pieces to separate the gold-plated copper( i know this way is better with separating gold plated in rams)
3. The third way to add nitric acid to copper pieces pins to separate gold from copper
4. The fourth way to add boiling with hydrochloric acid to the brass pins to separate the gold-plated copper

Those are not good to use with pins. They create a lot of waste solutions and do have their own set of possible complications.

mathamjad said:
Second question: about aqua regia
Is it possible to put a gold-plated pins without separation of copper in aqua regia and dissolved (I know that aqua regia dissolves all the metals copper and gold)
Then I add urea and smb deposition
are this is good way to put gold plated pins of motherboard in aqua regia or we need first separting gold plated from cooper before put it in aqua regia

Do not try this. You will just create mess hard to deal with. Not to mention that you will need vast quantities of acids to dissolve all unwanted metals along with values.

mathamjad said:
Third question:
if i use reverse electrolysis can i collect the separating gold plated and put it in aqua regia to refined?

A lot of info detailing process and steps are all over this forum.

mathamjad said:
four question
Does the fact that all 10 Mother Board gives one gram gold ??

No. It may be even more but it all depend on type, there are many places on motherboard with gold. In fact all pins on motherboard will contain less gold than single s/n bridge - BGA IC chip. Also other IC packages on board - depend how many of them are there.

mathamjad said:
Does the fact that all 50 Ram give one gram gold ???

No, again you cant generalize as there are hundreds of different RAM out there. If I would have to guess I may be inclined to believe that 50 mixed RAM sticks will have a bit more than gram but that is just a guess.

mathamjad said:
how much gold i will refined from 1000 pc Pentium 2 or 3 ??

Who knows, you will not know until you process them. It may take you few years to find out, or you can send them off to a refiner and find out in about a month.

Latest posts

Back