help identifying gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybird

Hello I am a new member here on the forum. I started reading on here a couple mos. before I joined. But not before I spent the money on shors subzero well needless to say, gold was lost, I did not know how to save it and it was discarded. After that I found this site and have started collecting scrap again and I am going to do it right this time. So what i am trying to find out is on the first pic do i put the square in with the fingers in the ap, or with the pins in the hot hcl? And on the second pic the 2 squares out of the flatpack do either of them contain gold, do all flatpacks have gold? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the info. on this forum. 8)

Attachments

• IMG_20130603_215809.jpg
    IMG_20130603_215809.jpg
    381.1 KB
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    357.7 KB
Hello and welcome...
I'm B.S.... Billy Scott

First and foremost:
Forget anything "Shor" related...
Next, collect everything and anything you come across that is electrical.
Now, Read, Read, Read and when your eyes start to bleed... Read more.
A good place to dive in and see what all is involved is to read the "new Posts" section...
It has alot of information on anything and everything that people ask, or share and gives an idea how much there really is to learn about "E-scrap"
You will see the same kinds of questions like the one(s) you asked. They get asked by every "Newbie".
Hopefully you are past the "Easy way to Riches" and want to learn the reality of this fasinating field.

O...and read through the Safety section as this can save your life...

Good luck and hope to hear from the much gained wealth of informational you.

B.S.
... They say driving is easy and fun... But there are so many rules to follow...

thank you for the reply , that is exactly what I have been doing it is good advice.I have been reading on the forum and the hand book vol.1 and hoke so far. I came across a box of about 25 office phones. and the other day I got about 10 printer/fax/scanners. So I have been haveing fun sorting through that stuff. And to answer your question about being past the get rich quick thing. Yes this is a interesting new hobby for me. So happy scraping to you and thanks again. :p

There is a link to "The Guided Tour" in my signature line, start there. There is also a link to a free copy of C.M. Hokes book about refining, get that too, well you need to read it after you get it. :|
Welcome to the forum.

Yes the square can go with the fingers in the AP , Yes flatpacks do contain gold.

Take the guided tour , read hoke , read again the safety part , learn to use search
when you have done all that , search patnor methode for a way to handle flatpacks

scm

Thank you guys for the advice, SCM thank you, that was what I was needing to Know I really appreciate it. And dont worry fellas I have actually been reading so much on this forum I have to keep in mind moderation so my wife does not get tired of me not paying any attention to her. So my time has to be Divided up work,wife,kids, and gold. Gold is my time I am really enjoying this new found hobby. So hopefully in the near future I will post the fruits of my labors. Once again thanks to all on this forum. Good day ...Jay 8)

Latest posts

Back