Help identifying strange object

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the Earth is a conglomeration of space stuff, even if it is of the Earth, it was still a meteor at one time. Crush it , grind it, concentrate it, then talk gold refining. I have noticed that many people who ask "what is this?", need to study a bit more on geology, thin section crystallography, and maybe some blow pipe tests, to determine what their specimens may contain in the way of composition. Even a good photo will never tell the whole story. It is kind of fun to guess what someone's rocks may be, but that is just that, a guess. A little off track of gold refining, for whatever my opinion may be worth. I personally like to use the forum to search for specific techniques to find the correct process for refining certain metals. It seems like a lot of questions are being asked off track from refining. This results in a cluttered search, since there are so many questions to weed out, not relevant to refining. I know I do not control the forum, but as a request to the refining gods, could the search results maybe be categorized according to metal groups, cutting out the unnecessary? Maybe someone can start a "what is this rock forum?" Thank you.

Back