help to precipitate gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skandal

hello ..
sorry for my english ....
this is my first attempt at recovery of gold.
I followed a tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqBsvn575jI
Everything went well until
I used 1 tablespoon of urea to precipitate gold from AR (about 500 cl)
but nothing happened except that change color to green
what should I do?

thanks

sorry ...... if you do miss the time!
but I have known your forum recently

Don't worry about it, I am always glad to prevent someone blowing his reaction vessel, being covered with concentrated acids.

Re: urea not reaction
I have a nice batch of AR but am getting no reaction from the Urea. Ideas?

No wonder, that there is no visible reaction. Urea and nitric acid together form a highly water soluble salt, urea nitrate, which in fact is a very dangerous compond. More information about it you can get in "Wikipedia": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea_nitrate or by a google-search using "urea nitrate" as a term to search for. After having read enough stupidities about urea, which may endanger severely anybody believing them and working according to them, here my earnest warning: Do never use urea to "neutralize" nitric acid, - it won't do the job, - and never use urea together with concentrated nitric acid or nitrates in a concentrated acid medium.

freechemist

however, I have dealt with reactions to open countryside
(sorry for the mistakes I'm using google translator for both writing and reading)
protected by mask, goggles and gloves.
I did not think it was so hard .... the video seems easy ...

Youtube videos are like home improvement shows on TV. In just 30 minutes (less commercials) they can completely remodel a bathroom, kitchen, or an entire house. It looks so easy. But the professionals who do most of the work spent years learning how to be carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc., and the video only shows a tiny fraction of the work that actually happens.

Dave

yes the gold can be recovered.set it aside in a safe place.if you do not throw it away you will always have it.
now go to the SAFETY SECTION and learn
take the guided tour.
read Hoke
understand HOKE
then use the search to find out what you need to do
then you can discribe correctly what you did in detail,
and then someone will be able to help you.
this will take you a lot of time.
good luck
john

JHS said:
yes the gold can be recovered.set it aside in a safe place.if you do not throw it away you will always have it.
now go to the SAFETY SECTION and learn
take the guided tour.
read Hoke
understand HOKE
then use the search to find out what you need to do
then you can discribe correctly what you did in detail,
and then someone will be able to help you.
this will take you a lot of time.
good luck
john

THIS great advice...

Scott

Wow...
Sorry but it took 4 post replies before someone to give a correct answer. Stop what you are doing and learn the right way please...
Do your best to read everything you can and ask questions so you understand what you want to do.

B.S.

ok ..
downloaded C. M. Hoke Refining Precious Metal Wastes 03-20-2013.pdf
now proceed to the translation and then ... good read
for the moment thanks to all ....

Wow...
Sorry but it took 4 post replies before someone to give a correct answer. Stop what you are doing and learn the right way please...
Do your best to read everything you can and ask questions so you understand what you want to do.

B.S.

:shock: ??

Reading the first adviced link is uncorrect? Okay...

solar_plasma said:
Wow...

B.S.

:shock: ??

Reading the first adviced link is uncorrect? Okay...
I didn't understand this either :?:

Latest posts

Back