Help with cyanide leach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

After some success with leaching gold from telecomm boards, I encounter gold precipitation from cyqnide solution which stripped gold from sockets and connectors, same zinc powder which dropped gold from telecomm boards, is used but after addition of nitric nothing is left.

Here is details of what I did, after removing connectors, PCI slots, memory slots and CPU sockets with pins still in them, I put them in a bucket until half full, then prepare 1200ml hot water mixed with 40g of NaCN, pour it to the bucket, drop few drops of hydrogen peroxide (35% pure), close the cap with some plastic between bucket and the cap to prevent it from leaking, I shook it few times to make sure everything inside gets wet, then let it roll on my ball mill for few minutes, then pour the cyanide solution out through a basket with holes, shake the basket and rinse the stripped items, continued this unlil anything gold plated was gone to solution.
Checked the pH to be 11, swirle the solution, and sprinkled the zinc powder until I see white foams and gray precipitants. Decan the solution, wash and rinse residue with hot water, then after rinsing twice I added nitric, now for most of the times after nitric showed no reaction I could see lot of brown powder floating then sinking to the bottom, but since I started this load I get very fine brown particles, and very small amount no matter If I processed 1lb or 22lbs of mix of connectors qnd slots etc,
I know the gold is in the solution, but could my zinc that I have used so many times before gone bad? Is there any methods I can plate gold electronically?

Thanks
Kevin

Please advise
Thanks
Kj

Latest posts

Back