Help with SMB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmlfreitas

Hi guys
I'm writing to see if you can help me out. I was working with those black processors that are processed just like the ceramics ones.
I make a huge mistake when i added muriatic acid to maje poor man's ar, and instead of Sodium Nitrate i added small amounts of smb. I mixed the bags that cointained smb and Nitrate. How can i fix this? The reation has been "resting" for 2 days now, should i add nitrate now?

Thanks

i dont think any damage was done. SMB will neutralize the acid a little, but it should be workable. check and see if there is any residual powder in the bottom of the container. if there is, remove the pieces and filter out the powder. rinse the container and add the pieces and the replace the acid and go from there.

this is a huge safety concern. combining certain chemicals can be more than just a nuisance, it can be very harmful or even deadly. the compounds we use is very dangerous in themselves. we try to minimize this by being very careful and label all chemicals. double checking the label before adding chemicals should become part of your work habits.

Hello Geo thanks a lot my mind as no trouble now.

Geo said:
double checking the label before adding chemicals should become part of your work habits.

You are right Geo very bad move from my part.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back