Hi, can anyone help me with best way to monetize what seems to be high quality Rhodium Palladium ore?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I understand that report correctly, there is virtually nothing there. The weights for gold, platinum and palladium are shown in grams per metric ton.

gold 0.006 grams per metric ton
platinum 0.001 grams per metric ton
palladium 0.001 grams per metric ton

The rhodium is measured at 5 parts per billion.

At current prices, that's about 38.5 cents worth of gold, a little under 3 cents worth of platinum, about 3.5 cents worth of palladium, and negligible value for the rhodium for every metric ton processed.

Someone else please check my math.

Dave

Definitely NOT enough.

Good news, is depending on other elements, particle size, etc. it may be useful as high grade foundation backfill.

Definitely NOT enough.

Good news, is depending on other elements, particle size, etc. it may be useful as high grade foundation backfill.
Lou, try to keep it positive. The guy did the correct procedure, he should be applauded, and set an example for others. Not every assay/analysis will come back as the Motherlode. Still hasn't happened for me. Good job TransisionM.

Lou is correct. Not enough to bother with. That is one of the reasons we do assays. Find out what is not worthwhile.

Time for more coffee.

Lou, try to keep it positive. The guy did the correct procedure, he should be applauded, and set an example for others. Not every assay/analysis will come back as the Motherlode. Still hasn't happened for me. Good job TransisionM.
I am keeping it positive: even rocks have their uses. And yes, kudos to OP for actually following protocol. He did indeed set the correct example for how this should be done.

@TransitionM, please do not take offense. Thank you for obtaining the correct analyses on your samples. I wish they had come back positive!!

Amazing
By the assay report
Pt,Pd is there
No matters about the quantity for that small rock
you test it now

If I were You
i will continue exploring
get better ore example
from different places
and send it to the lab for assay.

maybe if there is more Pt,Pd
You can claim it and stack it and perhaps sale it
to mining companies

Last edited:
My understanding of page two is that it is an analysis of a certified control sample that is processed the same way as the customers sample. This gives the customer some surety that his sample has been analysed correctly.

No pay dirt yet!

Let's take gold. There are 1,000,000 grams per metric ton - one gram per million; .048 doesn't sound like much but let's calculate. You've got, best sample, .048 grams per ton. Gram of gold is roughly $64 USD. So, $64 USD times .048 equals $3.07 USD gold value per metric ton.

Your Rh is given in ppb - parts per billion. One of those is 1 thousandth as big or less than (5/1000) times the per gram value of Rh. I'll leave it to you calculate that value.

So, your samples don't indicate a motherload. They also don't preclude there being something worthwhile near by. Don't know what those odds may be - a ballpark guess, if I was spending my own money on the exploration, oh, maybe 1 in a million. I wouldn't spend much ... but some time maybe ... for the learning experience. Sometimes the high-grade isn't obvious, or if you can show perhaps a couple hundred billion tons, you might get an exploration company to take a quick look - if the surrounding 400 square miles are available.

Good Luck

Perhaps He can tell us
If it is the only one rock ,He send for assay it.

But when I exploring a mine or a land
if i notice something interesting
For me only (Gold , silver and Gemstone)

I bring with me lot of Ziploc bags

and i collecting many examples
from different parts of that mine or land
Outside and inside the
mine ,if it is any.

then send it to a lab for testing

that the only way to be sure
if it is worthy to work on there

A good advice to Him
collecting as many examples You want
send it the lab
after You can make a choice

I know everything cost money

but i preferred to sure
than sorry.

I pick up this stones (the green one)
and put in my truck.
many peoples discard it and don’t pay attention to it

But when i test it
it have lot of silver on it.
and only traces of gold.

and there is thousands of tons of this kind of ore.

old timer know what they were doing.

mining is way different that processing computers parts.

in mining an small amount can mean
there is more around
the only way to be sure
is taking examples from different part of that places
and send it to a lab.

Attachments

• IMG_0582.jpeg
    IMG_0582.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Amazing
By the assay report
Pt,Pd is there
No matters about the quantity for that small rock
you test it now

If I were You
i will continue exploring
get better ore example
from different places
and send it to the lab for assay.

maybe if there is more Pt,Pd
You can claim it and stack it and perhaps sale it
to mining companies
The ore was accumulated by an ancestor who was a miner, over a long period of time. I have many pieces that read on XRF and you can visually see what appears to be Rh and Pd. The sample I sent was of scrap pieces, so I was only hoping to find elevated levels of Rh before I sent away any of the "good" pieces. I could be wrong, but I am not yet discouraged. here are some videos of the "good" pieces and the XRF results.

Attachments

• Ore 114.mp4
    14.7 MB
  • Ore 74.mp4
    5.3 MB
The ore was accumulated by an ancestor who was a miner, over a long period of time. I have many pieces that read on XRF and you can visually see what appears to be Rh and Pd. The sample I sent was of scrap pieces, so I was only hoping to find elevated levels of Rh before I sent away any of the "good" pieces. I could be wrong, but I am not yet discouraged. here are some videos of the "good" pieces and the XRF results.
Have you read the link about ores you were given?
XRF is very bad for ores and quite unreliable at that.

Sorry about that it seems you have managed to sneak under the radar.
Here is the link:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

Back