Hi! Chuck here!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck_Revised

Just found the forum last weekend.

I'm an old line typesetter with a small business that's steadily shrinking! I inhaled some lead fumes back in the days of Linotypes and actually did some melting for reuse.

My interest in gold recovery began a couple of years ago, when my estate sale hunting and auction-attending led to some scrap & useable jewelry acquisition at quite nice prices. I've since accumulated some e-scrap. At one auction last year of an old insurance actuarial company(?), a 70's mainframe system and all the wiring and terminals sold for $50. At the time, I didn't have the facilities or knowledge to cope with that, but it peaked my interest.

After some study here and reflection, I don't think I'll pursue refining. I don't really have a good place for it and a 5 year old granddaughter at home. I will scrap out the computers and e-scrap I have and either eBay the results or look for a local refiner.

My goals are partly hobby and partly profit.

Oh, yea, the main reason for my attendance at estate sales and auctions is a side-line of collectibles sold locally in a booth at the local Brass Armadillo, specializing in Precious Moments figurines.

Anyone like a 1908 At-A-Glance Guide, Directory and Map of New York City?

Hey Chuck !
Welcome on the forum.

And if you want to maximize your profits, sell you scrap on eBay.

John-Nicholas

Latest posts

Back