HI....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikos royssis

hello.
1) i dissolve debit card(like cell phone card) with Hydrochloric acid and bleach. when i try to precipitate with smb nothing happen. after this i dissapoint and i take sodium hydroxide (lye) and precipitate it.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=24163

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=24164

2) i drop with iron from hydrochloric acid. i take a mix powder with copper and some black powder.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=24165

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=24166

what to must do to take the gold from this mess ?

meybe if i redissolve in nitric or hydrochloric and after in aqua regia ,drop with smb.

please help me... thanks

Attachments

• SAM_3685.JPG
    SAM_3685.JPG
    428.4 KB
  • SAM_3684.JPG
    SAM_3684.JPG
    429.1 KB
  • SAM_3689.JPG
    SAM_3689.JPG
    437 KB
  • SAM_3696.JPG
    SAM_3696.JPG
    429.9 KB
  • SAM_3691.JPG
    SAM_3691.JPG
    424.5 KB
nikos royssis,
Can you spell test?
Do you know how to test for metals?

If you knew what you were doing you would not have this problem, with that in mind I have to ask you these questions.

Have you read Hoke's book.
I would work on that first, otherwise you may just be wasting your time.

Do you know what to do with the toxic solutions you have made?
If you do not know study the forum begin with the safety section, there is a topic there called dealing with waste, that can help you learn how to deal with your waste without poisoning yourself or others.

I am not convinced you have gold, I do not see where you have proved it with a test.
I do see what looks to be iron, you can test for both gold and iron, the blue solution looks like maybe copper or nickel, you can also test for those.

At this point I would find out what you have before trying to figure out a plan of recovery.
I would want to know how to work safely for myself and others, and have a good understanding of what I was doing before I went any further.

ok. thank you for your help. if every one in the forum now what to do like profesional then the forum must close /or its only for pro.if i now what must to do why i ask ? ? ?
i make my hobby . i ask only what to do with this.

any way ............ i find alone the answer ........

thank you all the people ....... :cry:

Hello Nikos and welcome to The Forum!

I understand the English is not everyone’s first language on here, but I and pretty sure the other forum members here would appreciate it if you made your post a lot more structured so that reading it we are not as confused. I am not picking on you, it’s just makes helps all of us to help you! Please use some type of spell check when you are writing your post, such as writing it in a word document and fix the errors before you copy and paste it to the post body.

The next suggestion would be that you detailed the process you tried to perform more than your original post, such as stating did you dissolve the entire plastic card, or did you peel out the small chip so you could process it by itself?
Here is a post from FrugalRefiner that I believe every new person should read; it contains lots of great information.(Thanks Dave!)
Welcome to the forum. I'll give you some links that may help you in your new adventure.

Read EVERYTHING in the Safety section of the forum, especially the Dealing with Waste topic. No amount of precious metal is worth jeopardizing your health or the health of those around you.

Follow the Guided Tour created by LazerSteve. It will provide an introduction to the forum and numerous valuable links including the General Reactions List. Be sure to follow the link to his web site as he has many outstanding videos, a collection of great reference documents, and he sells a lot of the supplies needed to get started including detailed instructional DVDs. Samuel-a also has a lot of videos, guides and tutorials at his web site Gold-N-Scrap.

Download C. M. Hoke's book. You'll find links to both screen readable and printer friendly versions in my signature line below. You'll see her book mentioned repeatedly here on the forum for good reason. It is probably the best book ever written for the beginner who wants to learn refining. It is written in layman's terms and will provide a solid foundation that will help you understand everything you read here on the forum. You'll also find a tremendous amount of information in the two Forum Handbooks compiled by aflacglobal, Forum Handbook Vol 1 and Forum Handbook Vol 2.

That should get you off to a good start while you tear all that stuff apart.

While I dont have the hyperlinks for the books, Dave, who just posted before me has the material in his

cmiller92 said:
Here is a post from FrugalRefiner that I believe every new person should read; it contains lots of great information.(Thanks Dave!)
Thank you. :oops:

Since the links didn't copy, I'll provide them again in abbreviated form.

Read EVERYTHING in the Safety section of the forum, especially the Dealing with Waste topic.

Follow the Guided Tour created by LazerSteve.

Samuel-a also has a lot of videos, guides and tutorials at his web site Gold-N-Scrap.

You'll also find a tremendous amount of information in the two Forum Handbooks compiled by aflacglobal, Forum Handbook Vol 1 and Forum Handbook Vol 2.

Dave

nikos royssis,

You did not understand my friend, I was trying to help you, you will not learn to refine metals by making a big toxic mess you do not know how to deal with, and then ask questions what do I have, what do I do next...

Please reread what I suggested to help you, reading Hokes book, this is where you will learn, you will learn if what you had was gold or not, you will learn how to test for metals in solution, basically you will learn to recover and refine...

Every one of us who wish to learn must study, nobody can put what we need to know inside our head, or answer everything by questions and answers, but we can help each other learn.

You study my friend and I will try to help the best I can when you need it, start with Hokes book, and dealing with waste and the links listed by the other friendly members here (like FrugalRefiner).

At this point all you, or I know, is that you have a toxic, and dangerous waste of dissolved metals, until you test for gold neither one of us know if you even have any in that mess.

You have a lot to learn my friend, start with Hokes book, if you need help understanding something in it ask, and I, or one of our other friendly members will be glad to help you the best I can.

This is not as simple as you think it is, it does take a lot of study.

My friend if I make my hobby jumping out of airplanes and I asked those who knew how to do it and they told me to read a book on parachutes, I would take their advice and study that book, before I tried jumping out of an airplane on my own, I figure they must know more about jumping out of airplanes, and if they suggest the book they are trying to help me learn, I would be glad they did not just tell me to jump without knowing what I was doing.

Butcher gave good advice. Refining Precious Metal Wastes is probably the best text available to the small scale refiner. While written decades ago for jewelry professionals, the lessons and techniques are very applicable to those involved with electronic wastes. This, along with the tutorials found here will help you along. Be safe and have fun.

nikos royssis,

My suggestion,
If you have one of those credit cards or can get one test it for gold.
If they indeed contain some gold, (they may not) how much?

If they do have gold, save your solution in a safe place, and study Hokes book.
If not study the topic dealing with waste in the safety section and deal with your toxic waste safely.

It is hard to tell what you have by looking at a solution, but if I had to guess, I would guess a lot of iron from the pictures, you can test for iron (see Hokes page 100).

After you read Hokes, and if you do prove gold in that mess, and have a better Idea of what you have from your tests, I can help you from there.

But at this point I cannot help you as neither of us know what you have except some colored solutions that look to be iron, copper, nickel, cobalt or who knows what, in a very dangerous state if not dealt with properly.

Latest posts

Back