Home Refined Gold for Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhanaGoldie

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can sell semi refined gold. This gold is refined overseas from raw gold from a mine not melted jewelry or other items. However it is my understanding that it is still considered house melted? Is that true?

However it is my understanding that it is still considered house melted? Is that true?
I never heard the term house melted used in the USA. The concern is that what you have may very well not be gold at all. I have seen this many times with people coming back from Africa thinking they have gold and really having worthless metal. Sad but true.

Post a photo of what you have and we can help you get it evaluated or tested.

For your sake I hope it is gold. But, as I said, I have seen otherwise more than once.

I never heard the term house melted used in the USA. The concern is that what you have may very well not be gold at all. I have seen this many times with people coming back from Africa thinking they have gold and really having worthless metal. Sad but true.

Post a photo of what you have and we can help you get it evaluated or tested.

For your sake I hope it is gold. But, as I said, I have seen otherwise more than once.
1716684376888.png

It is hard to make out the details on the packaging but it looks like every parcel was around $8,800. That means if pure and at $2300 gold you should have 3.82 troy ounces of metal per package.

That means on a gram scale, most kitchen scales can weigh in grams, you should have 119 grams of metal. You likely do not have a way to measure its water displacement to measure its density.

I would call around to some gold buyers and ask if they have an XRF machine. That can tell you what the purity is instantly.

If it is in the 90+ percent purity range the buyer should pay you at least 95% of the spot price.

Blowing up your photo what shows looks like high purity gold. But those looks can be deceiving. You need either an XRF determination or at least an acid stone test where they can compare it to 18 karat gold in a jewelers shop.

Good luck

It is hard to make out the details on the packaging but it looks like every parcel was around $8,800. That means if pure and at $2300 gold you should have 3.82 troy ounces of metal per package.

That means on a gram scale, most kitchen scales can weigh in grams, you should have 119 grams of metal. You likely do not have a way to measure its water displacement to measure its density.

I would call around to some gold buyers and ask if they have an XRF machine. That can tell you what the purity is instantly.

If it is in the 90+ percent purity range the buyer should pay you at least 95% of the spot price.

Blowing up your photo what shows looks like high purity gold. But those looks can be deceiving. You need either an XRF determination or at least an acid stone test where they can compare it to 18 karat gold in a jewelers shop.

Good luck
Thank you!

Density is easily measured with a decent pocket scale (0-300g with 0.1 gram resolution), a glass of water and a thin thread.

1. Measure the weight of the gold button = m in grams.
2. Fill a glass with enough water to cover the gold button without it hitting the bottom.
3. Tie the thread around the gold button so you can hold it suspended in the glass of water.
4. Put the glass on the scale and tare it to read 0.
5. Measure the volume by suspending the gold button under the surface of the water without touching the bottom. If your hand isn't steady enough you could tie the thread to a en and fix it on the right level with a couple of books. The weight you read in gram is equal to the amount of water displaced in cubic centimetres = v, the volume.
6. Calculate the density by d = m/v, d is in grams per cubic centimetre or grams per ml.

The above measurements have a couple of uncertainties. For example the resolution and precision of the scale, temperature, the volume of the thread, evaporation and surface tension pulling on the thread. The first factor is probably the first one.
Reasonable the density should be somewhere between (m-0.05)/(v+0,05) and (m+0,05)/(v-0,05).

I don't want to punish my brain so translating this into "freedom units" for the readers from one country is left as an exercise to the readers. ;-)

Göran

sell semi refined gold
Why would anyone do that?
This smells funny, maybe you have been scammed or you are the one doing some?
Home melted, semi refined gold... Ghana in the nickname, hmmm. Red flags!! sorry, but you have sparked my alarm system.

another test: a good and firm streaktest and look at the scratched spot if there is still gold.

Why would anyone do that?
This smells funny, maybe you have been scammed or you are the one doing some?
Home melted, semi refined gold... Ghana in the nickname, hmmm. Red flags!! sorry, but you have sparked my alarm system.

another test: a good and firm streaktest and look at the scratched spot if there is still gold.
Well this was not very helpful. But thanks for your concern I was able to verify it was gold and have found a buyer.

Latest posts

Back