Hooked on refining Gold in the Uk

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi to All,

I am new to gold refining and this is my first time in a forum. Saying that I have worked in IT for most of my life! I started off working in a materials recycling facility in the UK in the 80's when it was really new. It was a pretty cool job as everyday you could see the difference being made to the environment. (This was before the reduce, reuse, recyle philosophy of today). It was just regular old household waste plastic bottles, paper, cardboard, aluminum etc. I got to see some pretty cool machines, one of which chiped PE plastic milk bottles. Since then I have worked all over the world on different IT projects, firstly in the installation line and now more in a project management/consultancy capacity. I have always had an affinity with the environment and with the credit crunch and rising energy price here I am doing more efficiency driven consultancy. Having hit 100kg sitting behind a PC screen for years I decided recently try to diversify by getting involved in office refurbishments/relocations/closures and that is what has lead me to this forum. When clearing a call centre I had to remove the PBX an 80's Siemens/Plesey realitis. As I was carting it off to weigh it in as scrap steel I saw the glisten of gold and was instantly hoked. I spent hours stripping the back plane and circuit boards from the system and now want to try and process them. I have read and watched a lot of the stuff made avaliable by this forum and if profitable would love to spend more time recycling e-scrap, stopping going into a hole in the ground and into the whole that is my wife's purse!

Mark

Latest posts

Back