How I improved my assay 15-20 times over Fire Assay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ormus gold, monoatomic gold, premature gold, philosophers stone, it all sounds like a Harry Potter story to me. Maybe I should call it a ghost story. A ghost story is something you hear but never actually see with your own eyes. I have seen gold that people swore wasn't there because they couldn't see it but it was just that my eyes were better than theirs. If someone gets or got rich from some secret process to get gold, more power to them. I am being honest here, if I accidentally turn lead into gold, none of you would ever hear from me again. Not because I was greedy and didn't want to share, but because I would be too busy soaking up the sun on my private island with a beauty on each arm so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to type the message. Oh well, in the words of my super hero, money never goes looking for people.

g_axelsson said:
Irons said:
Peeling the onion.

The ores that I've worked with tend to be highly oxidized. Trying to chemically oxidized them even more tends to release a lot of nasties. Ruthenium is the worst culprit. You have to have inhaled Ruthenium Tetroxide to appreciate how bad it is. Osmium Is another bad actor.

The 'Oxidation Zone' in an ore body can be a misnomer. It should really be called the reduction zone.

There's still plenty of PMs to be found.

Pre-treatment works. I call it Pre-fining. :mrgreen:
Hi Irons, nice to have you back again on the forum. I hope the summer was good.

In what way are you pre-treating the ores?

I would love to hear a bit more details about your operation. Maybe in a separate thread some time?

Göran

Thanks Goran. A good Summer and still working when I can.

Pre-Treatment depends on the Ore I'm working with. There's no magic, unless one wants to call it Alchemy. That's where the 'Art' comes into play. 8)

I have done esoteric chemistry for about 40 years now on complex ores. There are many things you can do that will improve your TRUE assay of your ore. One of them is the utilization of tube type generated UV Ozone. If one would actually be patient and follow a US Patent, it's possible you could do as I have, and get far better results. Go to: US4642134A - Precious metal recovery using UV ozone - Google Patents and download this PDF. Unfortunately, so many of you out there are looking for a Silver Bullet to make your fortune from your ore. It has been my experience that gold is all around us but most commonly overlooked. Extracting gold from green ores is an art, extracting gold from vanilla ore is a no brainer. If you truly seek it, it will come to you.
Can you recommend a tube (UV?) type ozone generator? Or describe the one you use? I have the material from Alaska that was assayed in the patent. It won't expand in a corona discharge ozone generator unless its taken basic (spinels).

Can you recommend a tube (UV?) type ozone generator? Or describe the one you use? I have the material from Alaska that was assayed in the patent. It won't expand in a corona discharge ozone generator unless its taken basic (spinels).
I used UV type but spark type could work. This method only works on specific ores. read the patent. However, if you have Alaska Black sands, write me I may be interested in the material if I could test it, as I have a process that is black sands specific on complexes. My email is [email protected] as I am located in Southern Nevada. Include your phone number and best time to call.

D.A. Pretorius head of Economic geology on ores containing mercury will not standard fire assay. You people do not have the experience or the knowledge. that Dr. D.A. Pretorius has on assaying. The USGS had all kind of problems with fire assaying ores that contain mercury from Idaho. Have you ever retorted mercury amalgam and tested the volatilized mercury that was recovered and found it to contain gold. I have produced and sold gold to the Denver Mint when they bought gold. Some of you negative assayers need to go back school and study about complex ores. Do you understand that a ICP will give a false negative result when testing for arsenic and selenium if the sample is associated with rare earths. The rare earth carries a double charge and will mess up your assay by giving up a false negative result! Did you know that a top assayer and chemist that performed the groundwork on assaying the invisible gold at the Carlin gold plant stated when a composite sample was split into 11 different samples. The results from 9 of these assayers was nil and 2 showed ore grade. All 11 assay labs were certified. Oh, by the way Newmont Mining company is producing this complex gold!

D.A. Pretorius head of Economic geology on ores containing mercury will not standard fire assay. You people do not have the experience or the knowledge. that Dr. D.A. Pretorius has on assaying. The USGS had all kind of problems with fire assaying ores that contain mercury from Idaho. Have you ever retorted mercury amalgam and tested the volatilized mercury that was recovered and found it to contain gold. I have produced and sold gold to the Denver Mint when they bought gold. Some of you negative assayers need to go back school and study about complex ores. Do you understand that a ICP will give a false negative result when testing for arsenic and selenium if the sample is associated with rare earths. The rare earth carries a double charge and will mess up your assay by giving up a false negative result! Did you know that a top assayer and chemist that performed the groundwork on assaying the invisible gold at the Carlin gold plant stated when a composite sample was split into 11 different samples. The results from 9 of these assayers was nil and 2 showed ore grade. All 11 assay labs were certified. Oh, by the way Newmont Mining company is producing this complex gold!
Dr. Pretorius? You mean the mad scientist from "Bride of Frankenstein"? :LOL:

According to my Google search, there is next to nothing about him.
I only found a obituary speaking of him, and according to this.
He was a gifted geologist, but mainly in South Africa since it was his land.
No thing more was found, no scientific work emerged.

According to my Google search, there is next to nothing about him.
I only found a obituary speaking of him, and according to this.
He was a gifted geologist, but mainly in South Africa since it was his land.
No thing more was found, no scientific work emerged.
Dig deeper and you will find where a company was producing and recovering .20 opt and the fire assays would recover .01-.05. D.A. Pretorius found that the problem was when the samples contained from .02-.05 % mercury the gold would follow the volatized mercury off in a gas. Now let me add to the problem and add arsenic, cobalt, selenium, tellurium copper, platinum group metals and several more minerals and metals to the samples for fire assay. Read about Cripple Creek telluride ores and you will find that standard fire assay gave very poor result. This telluride ore has to have more PBO (180 grams ) and simple gold ores have only 45 grams. There is some information on the internet that fire assays performed on a telluride ore only recovered 57% of the old contained in the sample. After roasting at 650 degrees C for 24 hours and fire assaying the sample it increased the gold content to 67 % recovery.

Back