How I pay the BILLS

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

61 silverman

Decided to put a couple pictures of some of the work I do to pay the bills.. I build the castings, I don't own it or did I sculpt it to be clear on that.. I do have sculpture from my own hands tho.silver pour.jpgA pile of Silver shavings, contaminated silver.jpgView attachment 1The Bull before Welding.jpg

Attachments

• Silver casting  around 800 ozt.jpg
    Silver casting around 800 ozt.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 261
In your photo of dirty shavings, is someone trying to hide an ingot under the table leg? :lol: Is that how you pay the bills? :lol:

Just kidding of course, fascinating work you do.

That is funny... actually the table is on caster wheels, what you see is back side of the caster assembly.. This is a average too low example of the amount of silver that has too be refined after each project this size is completed, also there is the sanding dust that this company has no containment in place " It cost's more to contain, than the loss is worth " I have allways argued this to a loss...still can't take it...for the total amount of shaving's; on the table- behind the bull before welding, there is a smaller pile of shavings..this added together is probably 10 ozs maybe only 8, I dont have the scale at the shop, the boss does the weighing...Here is a picture of a sculpture I have beeen working on in my spare time, Hope too get it cast someday..Probably in Bronzee but could be done in Silver or GOLD.......HINT anybody ...fisherman and bear.jpg

Sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy when I try to see up close,, as well as the MONO TONE of the brown wax is difficult to see detail good.. MARK

Just a note: the fisherman in the sculpture is standing in water this is why his leggs are so short The bear is on the bank of the river in the sculpture.

I see the bolt heads on the casters now. :lol:

Anyway perhaps the " It cost's more to contain, than the loss is worth " is because of the deal the boss has with his refiner. Do you do this PM work often enough to refine for them on a percentage basis?

I have thought about that.. However until I put a couple of absolutely needed pieces of equipement together , and display some finished product of purity , I can't approach them with the offer.. The silver castings are not anywhere as often as they were say three years ago and before that..At the foundry I built the Mickey at; I was mainly the only person to build the silver castings for about ten years.. Occassionally I would need some GRUNT HELP other than that the build fun was all mine..Now there is only one or so every other month..Hopefully by the time people want too spend there childrens inheritances, and SPLURGE on such items, I will have a complete Silver Cell and produce 4 9s ..Then have the set up and the relationship with both foundrys here close by...

Latest posts

Back