How long should it take to process electronic pins?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a custom paint and body shop, i myself learned long ago, that when you tell a customer a timeline, thats what there going to expect, nothing more, nothing less. Picture this for moment. You have an accident in your car (which i hope you don't) and you bring it to my shop for me to repair, before you leave the questions going to come up... "when will my car be done"... I tell you, "ill have this baby done it one week".
The end of the week rolls around, you come to pick your car up, however it's not ready so i tell you "dahhhhhh"...... "my wife had a baby, the kids were sick, and the mail-man ran over my dog". In the mean time your having to bum a ride to work, the store, or to the strip club.. The following week rolls around, i have another excuse.. so i tell you "check back with me in another week". The following week my shop is closed, therefore you try to call me, however i do not answer nor do i return your calls..
Had this happened to you, you'd probably be very upset. The point is no one likes to get the run-a-round. If you take on the responsiability to do somthing for someone you should make it a point to try and fulfill the service you promised to provide, if there is a problem it should be addressed and brought to the customers attention. Communication is extremely important in any line of business.
If that is asking to much, perhalps you should think twice before taking on the task at hand.

:arrow: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-it-mean-to-bite-off-more-than-you-can-chew.htm

I am not here to judge anyone. Point is that offer and deal was made on this forum.
This thread is important for every member who plan or want to conduct any transaction in future.

Barren Realms 007 said:
The final filtering of the 2nd dissolving is being done today. All that will be left is precipitating the gold for the 2nd time and drying and melting and sending this to MMFJ.

I have appologized to MMFJ for this more than once.
It is my opinion that MMFJ has every reason to be concerned, considering none of the previous promises have been kept, nor have you been vigilant about keeping him in the loop. It is also my opinion that apologies have little value when the same misdeed is repeated time and again. As a result, I would consider it appropriate for another report to be posted by week's end, with an update on the outcome of this mess.

Were I in this situation, I'd be appalled at the miserable performance that has been shown. At the very least, a report, at least weekly, would have been a great idea, although, good performance would have been better.

I'm at a loss to understand how this project could have dragged on as it has. If there's a reasonable explanation, it might be a good idea to share with the readers. If it's based on a particular problem to do with processing, others might benefit by understanding what went wrong.

I would look upon this situation as the equal of one getting a traffic ticket. A cheap notice that one's performance is not acceptable---and to take note that such behavior comes with a price.

Want to avoid the inconvenience? Provide reasonable delivery dates----then live up to your promises. After all, they represent who you really are, not who you wish to have others think of you.

Harold

Harold_V said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
The final filtering of the 2nd dissolving is being done today. All that will be left is precipitating the gold for the 2nd time and drying and melting and sending this to MMFJ.

I have appologized to MMFJ for this more than once.
It is my opinion that MMFJ has every reason to be concerned, considering none of the previous promises have been kept, nor have you been vigilant about keeping him in the loop. It is also my opinion that apologies have little value when the same misdeed is repeated time and again. As a result, I would consider it appropriate for another report to be posted by week's end, with an update on the outcome of this mess.

Were I in this situation, I'd be appalled at the miserable performance that has been shown. At the very least, a report, at least weekly, would have been a great idea, although, good performance would have been better.

I'm at a loss to understand how this project could have dragged on as it has. If there's a reasonable explanation, it might be a good idea to share with the readers. If it's based on a particular problem to do with processing, others might benefit by understanding what went wrong.

I would look upon this situation as the equal of one getting a traffic ticket. A cheap notice that one's performance is not acceptable---and to take note that such behavior comes with a price.

Want to avoid the inconvenience? Provide reasonable delivery dates----then live up to your promises. After all, they represent who you really are, not who you wish to have others think of you.

Harold

There were 7-8 different sizes and kinds of pins in this batch. A sample of each kind of pin was taken and they were run thru a cell. It was found that some of the pins were not going to deplate in the cell and, some of the pins were female sockets as well and it was my feelings that the cell would not remove the plating from the plated interior of these pin's. Nitric was not an option I wanted to use with home made nitric because of chlorides and other instances I have had with home made nitric so I made the decision to process them in AP. They were processed in one container and a good air bubbler used. When the solution got too concentrated with copper I added HCL to the solution to dilute to increase the reaction, no peroxide was added after the initial startup. No heat was added during the processing. Would I make changes in doing this lot? Yes, I would devide the lot into 3 or 4 containers and do it for a faster processing time.

Well, FINALLY, I have an answer to my question!

And, now, we all know...

Starting on July 19, 2011, with 11 pounds of pins similar to these
2011-11-26_14-36-10_621[1].jpg

Using an AR process and all pins in one bucket, Barren Realms 007 completed and DELIVERED the following on December 14, 2011
2011-12-14_13-49-13_608[1].jpg
2011-12-14_13-49-23_189[1].jpg

So, you can presume from the above that, using a similar process, refiner and type of material, you should expect to see it in 5 months and 25 days.

Hey, it is an answer!

(BTW, he did send me everything out of the process - although I never asked him to do so. In my opinion, even taking as long as it has, there still is a 'cut' that should go to cover chemicals and such)

MMFJ said:
(BTW, he did send me everything out of the process - although I never asked him to do so. In my opinion, even taking as long as it has, there still is a 'cut' that should go to cover chemicals and such)

Seems to me that BR is trying to make amends.

I think it is a dignified way to end this episode.

Hope you both have better luck with your choices next time.

I love the way Harold handles things. I haven't heard from Barren in a minute. He must be busy!

WOW, how did I miss this the first time. Harold is the velvet hammer. Well done.

This forum is in a league of its own. There is an amazing amount of information as well as an abundance of honesty. I now know from this tread the approximate yield for my cache of pins. It looks to be I need to collect more.

Latest posts

Back