How Much Gold and PGMs and Silver is in Vintage Boards?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmzhr

Mohammad Mazaheri
Hi guys
I found these vintage boards in scrapyard
how much gold and pgms and silver is in these boards?
21442091_1689359327_538.jpg21442091_1689359349_022.jpg21442091_1689359381_335.jpg

Attachments

• 21442091_1689359360_429.jpg
    21442091_1689359360_429.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
Those white ceramic chips may have a collector valve beyond their gold value. Look the part numbers up on eBay or equivalent and also check the "sold/completed" section.
hi friend
i know
so how much they worth for collector value?
how much gold i can recover from all chips and gold fingers?

cpu part number is unknown
i not found any information about this type of cpu 🤔

thanks for reply but how much gold from all chips? 🤔
How long is a rope??
You are asking a question that can not be answered in a meaningful way.
We know nothing about the actual size of the plated areas, the thickness of the plating.
And unless someone has processed a full batch of these components, which is unlikely,
they will not know the yield of the components and cant give you an answer.
The traces on the boards are Tin covered so there is no Silver there and my guess will be no PGMs.

How long is a rope??
You are asking a question that can not be answered in a meaningful way.
We know nothing about the actual size of the plated areas, the thickness of the plating.
And unless someone has processed a full batch of these components, which is unlikely,
they will not know the yield of the components and cant give you an answer.
The traces on the boards are Tin covered so there is no Silver there and my guess will be no PGMs.
i know it but this chips are rare
i want to know approximate value of gold in chips and boards before i scrap or sell in ebay

Those are boards from one of the old Burroughs computers. I don’t know the model, but some of the sold EBay auctions said the boards came from a B800. I’ve seen them on EBay a few times now, and they normally sell for more than I’d guess the value of their gold content might be. I’ve also seen just those square white&black chips sell on ebay before for around $40 each. If you search there for Burroughs CPU and check completed items, there are still a few closed auctions showing. This was probably the best deal, somebody got 11 boards for $136 and there were 18 of those chips between them. It may be too expensive for gold recovery, but if they took their time they could probably triple their money by selling the 18 chips as collectibles. Then process the boards and other gold capped chips also.

Attachments

• 44428045-0CB7-49CD-B28D-F113E904E079.jpeg
    44428045-0CB7-49CD-B28D-F113E904E079.jpeg
    634.3 KB · Views: 1
Those are boards from one of the old Burroughs computers. I don’t know the model, but some of the sold EBay auctions said the boards came from a B800. I’ve seen them on EBay a few times now, and they normally sell for more than I’d guess the value of their gold content might be. I’ve also seen just those square white&black chips sell on ebay before for around $40 each. If you search there for Burroughs CPU and check completed items, there are still a few closed auctions showing. This was probably the best deal, somebody got 11 boards for $136 and there were 18 of those chips between them. It may be too expensive for gold recovery, but if they took their time they could probably triple their money by selling the 18 chips as collectibles. Then process the boards and other gold capped chips also.
hi bro
that's amazing!
i searched whole internet and social media but not found any information about these boards and cpus
thanks for information
god bless you

If you take in account that the best recoverable chips offer a few grams per kilo, these boards to me, given the amount of material are more keepsakes than recovery material and after I've enjoyed seeing them I sell them off.
*Edited for spelling error*

If you can sell each chip for $40 on Ebay, then it's probably MUCH better to sell them that way. The absolute highest yields for chips I've ever heard of was about 1 gram per chip, and those were old aerospace parts where they had to work PERFECTLY every single time and endure lots of bumps. You won't find anything that high on any consumer electronics.

Back