How much gold can ar dissolve ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winged wrote:
Since I am using plastic buckets to leach, I have no proper way of heating them with damaging the bucket.
I used to have the same problem... until I bought from Duda Diesel a couple of their pail heaters. They work great! One word of caution, though... make sure you start heating at a low temp. If you start too high, you could end up melting a hole in your pail!!! :oops:
Yep... been there and done that! :mrgreen:
https://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=%2Bdrum+%2Bheater

Take care and be safe!
Phil

If I may, one of Winged's Q's:
Why not use tap water? Because it may contain chlorides and get the silver out of solution ?
Because if you were to use tap water, which has chlorine, this will inhibit the nitric solution from dissolving the silver that is present and could slow down or even stop the reaction.
A search can lead you to more detail information on that subject.

Just my dos centavos!
Phil

philddreamer said:
Winged wrote:
Since I am using plastic buckets to leach, I have no proper way of heating them with damaging the bucket.
I used to have the same problem... until I bought from Duda Diesel a couple of their pail heaters. They work great! One word of caution, though... make sure you start heating at a low temp. If you start too high, you could end up melting a hole in your pail!!! :oops:
Yep... been there and done that! :mrgreen:
https://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=%2Bdrum+%2Bheater

Take care and be safe!
Phil

That is one nice solution. I'll consider ordering one :D
I'll see how much time it takes without heating. If I can do one 4kg batch a day without heating, I'm okay with it. If not, I'll have to find a solution.
I was thinking about using one of those heated water baths, that are used to keep food warm in self-service restaurants :p

Thanks for the input though.

Winged.

Tech grade nitric acid is 67% but 60% will work just fine. As Phil said, any chlorides in the mix will passivate the silver, stopping the reaction. Silver is used in all of the brazing that welds the metal parts to the ceramic body and metal parts to other metal parts.

The quantity of Silver from Ceramic Cpus is frankly minimal when put into perspective with regards to the gold content.

As in less than 1% of the value in real terms. It's not even a consideration when recovering the metal from a batch of processors and shouldn't even figure into the process. Recover it later from the stock pot but don't worry about it in the initial recovery.

Back