how to recover silver using sali in silver nitrare solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajkumarkp

how to recover silver using sali in silver nitrare solution? when i put 15grms salt for 2ogrms silver a white chement came,then i wash it in tap water and melt that powder,there is no silver on that,how to recover my silver pls help,and gilve instructions,how to recover it

I think Chris answered that same question for you a couple of months back.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6397&p=56423#p56429

I have videos on my website on the entire process.

First watch 'Separating Silver from Gold', then watch 'Converting Silver Chloride - Method 2'.

Steve

i have silver refinery shop in india, i melt and refine 10kgs of silver daily,i use to recover copper to get silver it takes 24hours ,and wont get 99.99,so i want to get the silver in salt method,last day i cheak 200grms of silver to desolve in nitricacid and addsome water and 150grms of salt a white cememt is come then i was it in tap water then i melt the powder,there is no silver only liquid wat mistake iam doing pla kindly help me, and explain how much salt use for 1kg silver then how to melt that?

don't melt the silver chloride. to get silver you have to discompose it. it works but with great losses and nasty chlorine gass. melt the ruined silver chloride with soda ash and coal to save some silver. for the rest of undryied silver chloride follow the advices above

Don't try to melt silver chloride directly. Reduce it to silver metal first. There has been plenty posted here about reducing the chloride with Karo syrup (corn syrup or glucose) easy and no bad fuming then it melts nicely.

Do a search for the method and if you can't find it ask again and I'll look it up.

After you add salt the resulting powder is silver chloride.

Rinse with boiling hot water until wash is completely clear. This takes about 10-15 washes and requires lots of stirring.

Next convert the silver chloride as shown in the videos.

Rinse with boiling hot water until wash is completely clear. This takes about 10-15 washes and requires lots of stirring.

Heat dry and melt the silver.

Watch the videos and you will get it.

1 Kg of fine silver (~9.27 moles) with 541.5 grams of sodium chloride forms 1328.27 g of dry silver chloride (the 'white cement'). If working with alloyed silver multiply all the numbers by the percentage of silver in the alloy. It's never a good idea to dry out the silver chloride before it is converted back to silver.

For 99.99 fine silver you will need to build a silver cell.

Steve

Latest posts

Back