how to refining fine gold button 22k using inquirtation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenster

Anyone can explain me how to refining fine gold button 22k (from raw gold) to 999 24k using inquirtation method. How to calculate and formula to add silver for this option. Are use the same formula with refining jewelry scrap? Thank you for your advise and sorry for my bad english.

The answers to your questions can be found in the library, follow the link in my signature line below, it will take you to the index page. Your answers are in the gold refining section by inquartation. You will have to do some reading, we generally do not spoon feed our members who do not take the time to do some research.

You can roll it out to increase surface area and dissolve as it is...

No reason to inquart

Lou is right.

But so is 4metals.

Read, its wonderful to discover things on your own.

That sense of accomplishment...ah... The only thing better, is to see gold precipitate... Which, reading will help you to do.

Hokes book, is your friend.
As is the library in 4metals signature.

I'm with Lou. 22KT is pretty easy to straight dissolve with AR, even without rolling it.

Use a big beaker - a 1000 ml beaker will handle about 3-4 oz of 22K so it won't foam over. Put the beaker in a 5 qt Corning Ware pyroceram dish, in case the beaker breaks or you get sloppy. Cover the gold with the calculated straight HCl (125ml/oz of 22K), heat to 150F, at least, start feeding the nitric in, about 1/4 of what is calculated (25-30ml per oz) at a time. For 4 oz, it will take a total about 500ml (600 ml won't hurt) of HCl and 100 ml of nitric.When the reaction created by 1/4 of the nitric slows down. add another 1/4 of nitric and repeat. Keep it hot.When you add an increment of nitric and no reaction occurs, don't add more.When all the metal is dissolved, let it cool somewhat, dilute the acid with 3 parts tap water, cool, filter til crystal clear, precipitate with your sulfite of choice - SMB is the most common.

Latest posts

Back