I have 100s of boards and I need to know how to refine

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch2580

Hi guys as it says I have lots of boards and ram and I have a basic understanding of how to do the ram sticks but know idea with anything else .. I live in Australia where nitric is very hard to get .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 364
patnor1011 said:
Explore poorman's AR which use nitrates.
Hi mate thanks I'll look into that can I processe the gold tip chips in that I think they are called bgm chips you can see 2 on each board in the photo

Kind regards
Mitch

jason_recliner said:
G'day Mitch,
For processing chips you could do no better than following the link in Patnor's signature line.

Hi Jason
Thanks for the info I did read his thred and it sounds like it's not that hard but I'm not to sure I can do that where a live with out the local council playing up.

So I think my best option mite be to find a refiner or someone that will do it for me and then just split the gold

You have a fair amount of material there and it's all too easy to forge ahead and screw it all up.
I think you're probably best served to keep reading for a while, and then when you think you are ready, study some more.

Once you fully understand, you might be ready to go ahead and process just the fingers from those RAM modules. It's the easiest to master of all e-scrap recovery. You don't need nitric for this.

Eventually you will get to the more difficult recovery methods, and learn how to pyrolise, then incinerate, chips without making loads of smoke.

Out of interest, in which state are you?

jason_recliner said:
You have a fair amount of material there and it's all too easy to forge ahead and screw it all up.
I think you're probably best served to keep reading for a while, and then when you think you are ready, study some more.

Once you fully understand, you might be ready to go ahead and process just the fingers from those RAM modules. It's the easiest to master of all e-scrap recovery. You don't need nitric for this.

Eventually you will get to the more difficult recovery methods, and learn how to pyrolise, then incinerate, chips without making loads of smoke.

Out of interest, in which state are you?

I think you're right I'm just going to take baby steps. I have been watching YouTube there is a guy on there moose scraper he seems to know his stuff and I'm one that learns more from seeing then reading. I'm in Brisbane qld

YouTube will get you hurt, and no offense to moosescrapper, but he has alot of bad habits...some of those, got me in to trouble when i started refining.

Trust me when i say - this forum is far superior to youtube.

And if you must watch to learn, follow videos from our resident refiners. A few good examples are, palladium, kadrivet, geo, and Lazersteve(his videos are hosted on his website)... Im sure there are others on here, but its early and i havent had coffee, so those are the ones that popped into my head first.

Best of luck to you sir

I have seen videos by Moose Scrapper. Though I don't recall the particular instances or faults, I remember holding the opinion that he will be responsible for people hurting themselves.

Stick to what passes peer review on this site and, in general, consider such YouTube videos as entertainment.

For BGA IC or IC in general you do not need to incinerate if you live in populated area or if you simply cant do it. Make oversize mortar and pestle, I used steel pipe with screwable cap on one end and heavy iron rod. Hammer away. It will take more time than grinding incinerated IC but it is doable, I did few kilograms that way.

patnor1011 said:
For BGA IC or IC in general you do not need to incinerate if you live in populated area or if you simply cant do it. Make oversize mortar and pestle, I used steel pipe with screwable cap on one end and heavy iron rod. Hammer away. It will take more time than grinding incinerated IC but it is doable, I did few kilograms that way.

Hi patnor

This sounds very doable and I'm going to try order nitric off eBay and see if it makes it through customs.

I have pulled all the black of the bga chips and I have 2.1kgs and I have the green backs put a side that have gold on them I can't find on here how to refine them as most of the gold is under a green film

Kind regards
Mitch

There is no gold under green film. There is bit of plating in a corner and some bits may be visible in center where black part was ripped from. Amount depend on how you removed black part from them. Some of gold plated copper traces may stay on green part and can be visible, some ma stay on black part. AP is a way to go with these.

Latest posts

Back