I hear about a new refineing method.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AztekShine

At a jeweler's today I was informed by the owner that a old buyer of his (a CSI officer) was refineing 100oz a day without chemicals. He didn't kno anything except that he used one or more chemicals used by the CSI investagators.

I felt I should share the info

Edit: I meant to say without acids.Or harsh chems.

Sounds like a golden opportunity ..............To start an investigation...... 8) 8) 8)

There aren't many solvents for gold that work quickly and to move 100 ounces a day will require some strong solvent unless he has thousands of ounces sitting all over in buckets, must be well paid in CSI work :lol:

Yes. Sorry I meant gold. Electrolysis was the first thing that came to mind.
I guess to really figure it out one would have to either work CSI or watch every season on DVD maby. Neither of which I will ever do.Just kidding about the latter.
Edit: I did mean to say old too. He no longer sells to him.

Nick your thinking the same way I was. Standing I front of a millionaire jewler that actually would talk to me, And try to fill me in on something like that.

Before this forum information,well correct information, was very hard to impossible to find, it was shrouded in secrecy and almost viewed as some type of magic and those that knew kept very quiet.
Chances are this ex buyer was giving a load of bull to keep the jeweller from trying to do it himself. I always found a trip round the refinery and plenty of noxx and acids usually did the trick 8)

Latest posts

Back