I need an honest gold refiner for new girl!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Looking for a gold refiner...I've talked to Midwest refineries on the phone...I have been purchasing gold & so far purchased two items that were gold filled or plated on accident. This is my third business to start & I'm feeling vulnerable when I am normally very confident. I don't want to get screwed by a refinery because I've already spent most of my startup Money on purchases & need it in return & then some to keep business going! HELP me guys! I have been backing out a reccommended 3% by Midwest for "weight loss" & the reccommended % from .583 to .55 etc for extras like clasps etc......need good honest help...I've Got a Lot on the line as I have 2 young children & my husband just lost his job! I am located in the Denver Co. area.
Thank you in advance.

I haven't been a fan of Midwest, I had a very negative experience (which may be humorous depending on how I think about it). I'm surprised to hear they're still open.

Try American Recycling Associates in Texas.

Google ARA gold; they pay significantly better than Midwest.

Make sure whomever you give it to roasts the resin at low temp. going over 700F volatilizes the gold (which is a salt) and the refiner collects it in his bag-house and you get lower yield. Not saying that they do it on purpose a lot of them don't know better. Once it's reduced to metal it can be acid refined or made into a sweep.

Goldpartydiva,

I guess you're going to have to stop paying karat gold prices for gold filled or plated material. Surely you know enough to not do that. If you don't, you'd better learn fast, before you go broke. There's very little room for mistakes in this business. If you're worried about 3%, you're paying too much. As Lou suggested, send your gold to http://www.aragold.com/ They pay 98% and their rep is about the best of anyone. You can't do better than that. Download the testing guide in the first post on this thread.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3624&p=30753&hilit=pawnbroker+bob%27s#p30753

Roasting in the low range I notice gold/carbon leafs forming. More heat causes carbon fly and loose the gold.

dowlef2.jpg

I didn't know any better and jumped in on the thread, sorry, I'll open a new one.

WIZZARD

Latest posts

Back