I need help with EcoGoldex E

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the optimum temperature range for the cyanide leach?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

eco-goldex said:
so please don't try to use the ferricyanide to test (leaching) your gold ores/ e-scraps as this won't work.

Per the underlined - You talked about ferricyanide being one of 6 or 7 other chemicals that make up your eco-goldex leach & then say --- "after the high temperature fusing, ferricyanide reacted with other chemical, as a independent chemical, ferricyanide doesn't exist in the compound" --- which is then followed by the above quote

I don't quite understand what you are saying here

Are you saying that the ferricyanide is not really the active ingredient in your leach - but rather it is the combination of chems that make it work ? --- and ------------

Therefore - using just plain old ferricyanide (without the 6 or 7 other chems) as a leach will not work ?

Kurt

The magician had the magic sauce to extract gold, He used chemicals common to every man but could not tell the people what used, if he did then he would not make money from his magic sauce and the king can get anyone to get his gold and would no longer need the magic man with the special sauce.

There ain't no magic, just a lot of secrets, of what is already known to work.

This story is as old as man's history with gold, not much has changed.

EcoGoldex E are you A "magic man"?
What makes your sauce magically different.
What is different here than during the gold rush where the businessman got rich mining the miners.

eco-goldex said:
there is no chemical formula can be used to express its chemical features/ characteristics.

A chemical company produces a 6-7 chemical componet product without understanding how it is produced?

eco-goldex said:
about " ferricyanide" composition used in eco-goldex product.
there are quite a lot of discussions/guess about using fericaynide in gold leaching since eco-goldex disclosed this chemical in its MSDS. Please note, ferricanide is one of the many (6-7) chemicals we used in eco-goldex (O,E) production. these chemicals are roasted/melted under 700-800oC in special designed furnace, all these raw chemicals are mixed and melted together (and accordingly series complex chemical reactions) in such high temperature conditions. so essentially, eco-goldex (O,E) is a chemical compound (mixture of several chemicals and fused under high temperature), there is no chemical formula can be used to express its chemical features/ characteristics. after the high temperature fusing, ferricyanide reacted with other chemical, as a independent chemical, ferricyanide doesn't exist in the compound, so please don't try to use the ferricyanide to test (leaching) your gold ores/ e-scraps as this won't work.

On the contrary you can make a very useful working Ferricyanide leach. Assuming that you understand the disassociation mechanics as they of course differ between Ferri/Ferro/ straight metallic cyanides.

Please don't under estimate your readers here. There are some incredibly knowledgeable chemists and refiners around this place. Comments like "there is no chemical formula can be used to express its chemical features" intrigue me. Can you elaborate?

Jon

Please don't under estimate your readers here. There are some incredibly knowledgeable chemists and refiners around this place. Comments like "there is no chemical formula can be used to express its chemical features" intrigue me. Can you elaborate?

Jon
[/quote]

:shock: :D 8)

eco-goldex said:
ferricyanide doesn't exist in the compound, so please don't try to use the ferricyanide to test (leaching) your gold ores/ e-scraps as this won't work.
On the contrary, several members have described how they have used ferricyanide to leach gold from scrap. I did some testing two years ago but never disclosed my results as I wanted to do more testing first... then life happened and I've never taken the time to repeat it yet. This are a few pictures of my first test.

Ferricyanide-1.jpg

Plated gold.jpg

Precipitated gold.jpg

As you can see, just because you might fail with using straight ferricyanide leach on electronic scrap doesn't mean it can't be done.

This forum is here for people to share and help each other. Building on the work of our predecessors, we could all learn and prosper. Just because there are winners doesn't mean there have to be loosers too.

Göran

Shark said:
Seeing that tiny bit of gold makes me feel less lonely now, :lol:
Then you should like these posts too.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7056
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23737

You don't need a ton of material to test out a process or making an assay.

Göran

Latest posts

Back