identification help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlog Renim

Hi..

some one could tell whats that ?

Got it in a cylender shape .. stacker one on top of the oter... 2 x 2 inch screw was keeping them togeter.. all pin had a wire connected to a connector..

i try magnet.. nothing..

sam2064r.jpg

got it from a nice free box :) (what is the mathematical equation to figure out gold) ?

sam2061b.jpg

the top part looks to me like it was part of some kind of selector switch setup ( just a guess) don't know really as for the math, I doubt there is any kind of math to just determine what the gold is, but I could be wrong I am pretty new at this to.

hummm like a HUB selector yeah sound legit ?

for the math.. im new to.. and had reed to much (to many info here lol) last hour cant remember where i saw a math thing.. but i can be really wrong about that LOL

some kind of volume by weigt by idk :p

yep, rotary switch. i have maybe a hundred or so. different colored plastic, but the same thing. silver coated contact points. i have a few that has gold plated contacts. i even have some that was ceramic instead of plastic that came completely apart with screws. let me scare up a few and ill post what the look like still together.

just curious ok if you wanna do it.. but i dont have many of these.. so no stress was just curious if it was somethin i should look for

I don't know any "mathematical equation to figure out gold" from a picture or two, but here's a couple you might can use to get you on your way.....

1. Amount of scrap * (taking the time to learn what you are doing + reading, reading and reading this forum + listening to the advice + taking the advice and following it) - time it takes to properly separate the scrap - putting it all in a box and shipping it to one of the buyers on this board = CASH IN YOUR POCKET NOW

2. Formula #1^2 * (reading Hoke over and over again, doing the tests as described and getting to know it like the back of your hand)^10^90872 + saving out the scrap gold you can see on that e-waste {gold fingers, etc.} + learning about refining [did I say something about Hoke? DOUBLE IT!] + reading the posts on refining gold fingers [this forum has MANY so SUBTRACT *100 million if you ask a question about it!] = GOLD IN YOUR POCKET

With that in mind, I'd say you have about $50 worth of scrap in that second picture - perhaps a bit more since some of those video cards do have fans and such on them (though I usually take them off to be fair about it)

If you choose Formula #2, then I'd guess you might end up with 1/4 gram or less (likely less...), though I could be very wrong (my magic wand is flickering - think I need to change the batteries..... ;)

So, anybody else got one?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=559&hilit=chemistry+handbooks&start=160#p46947

Palladium plating or Gold plating.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7853&hilit=Decade

Latest posts

Back