Identify a part

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHS

Would someone please tell me what the little black and brown parts are called,
so I can research there value.
thanks john

Attachments

• packs 010.JPG
    packs 010.JPG
    183.3 KB
The number on the board close to the part like C23 is a capacitor, The numbers like R44 are resistors, both can contain a small bit of valuable metals or oxide of valuable metals, on these thick film chip resistors and capacitors they may contain Ag, Pd, RuO2 as well as tin (solder) and nickel.
Search MLCC and thick film resistors.

If that board is from a power supply, the chance is that those components used in general (and pirmarly MLCC's and SMT's or SMD's) are very low grade and possible are Tin/Nickel types.

Other than that it may be medium to high grade components, depending of the role of the circuitry used.

As a good trick to ID parts, many boards have a label for each thing on them. "C" usually means a capacitor (all those brown parts). "R" usually means a resistor (all those black parts). As some other common labels, you have L for inductor, D for diode, Q for transistor, U for chips, and J or JP for connectors.

Thank you gentlemen.
9kuuby9 these boards are cockpit seat control boards for 727 and 737 jets
thanks john

In that case I'd hazard a guess that there is more likelihood of the MLCC and other components being of the grade to contain PMs than in a lot of other applications.

Latest posts

Back