if you need grahite crucibles or graphite mold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarzan Tsui

Hey guys, I checked the topics history and noticed some of you may need graphite molds/crucibles but don't have satisfied supplier, some online suppliers descriped the shape in lots of words but mentioned the material properties little. The company I currently work in produced graphite products, among which include graphite molds and crucibles,

so if you:
1. want to exchange your ideas or ask questions about pure graphite products;
or
2. want to purchase graphite consumables directly from facoty rather than trading company,
or
3. need custom size/shape graphite molds in small quantity like 1pcs
you can contact me to get an answer from the insight of a manufacturer in this field.

But please note, our company only offered pure graphite (in purity>99.9%), so materials like graphite clay, SiC, or ceramics is not in our production range.

Do you do any 2-part graphite molds? Also, Do you have any actual custom molds that have been done?

I would like to see what you have, if possible.

scrapparts

I use my smallest router head and large graphite motor brushes.
It is not hard to make a small neat cut to produce a basic bar.
I have considered one of the small 3D cutting units as that would let you produce more complicated shapes quite easily in such a soft material.

justinhcase said:
I have considered one of the small 3D cutting units as that would let you produce more complicated shapes quite easily in such a soft material.
Ok, I see. But, do you do 2-part molds? And what about the turnaround time?

scrapparts

scrapparts said:
justinhcase said:
Ok, I see. But, do you do 2-part molds? And what about the turnaround time?

scrapparts

I don't use graphite for anything more complicated than bars.
Not having a controlled atmosphere system the molds tend to oxidize rather fast.
It maters little if a bars dimensions stretch a bit with each pour.
But a more complicated mold will only remain functional as long ask the material remains un-ablated.
For that I tend to go towards lost wax or sand casting.
But I would like to find an induction furnace, so I can pre-fill a graphite mold with shot contained in a vacuum chamber and then use the induction furnace to melt in situ.
This would let me produce some very nice fine bars.

scrapparts said:
Do you do any 2-part graphite molds? Also, Do you have any actual custom molds that have been done?

I would like to see what you have, if possible.

scrapparts

Hi sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice the reply message until today.
Enclosed you can see the pictures of the 2-part graphite molds we made before. But they were not for gold, they were for the casting of other metal.

and yes, we can make custom molds. In fact, all these molds were custom machined at the customer's request. We can help to design the split if needed.

Attachments

• 20150803104732.jpg
    20150803104732.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20150803104842.jpg
    20150803104842.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 20150803104949.jpg
    20150803104949.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_163543131.jpg
    IMG_163543131.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 222
  • 46116412.jpg
    46116412.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 222
Hi, I uploaded some industry casting 2-part mold yesterday, then I realized that the split-part mold should not be what you want. So I uploaded again the pictures of the custom gold ingot mold we made, which you can see below.
Picture 1 is the half part of the mold,
picture 2 is the first half part and the second part,
picture 3 is what it looks when the two parts are together.

Attachments

• picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 194
  • picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 194
  • picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 194
Lou said:
What is the densest and finest grain size graphite you offer?

Hi Lou, the one with the biggest density is our isostatic graphite (or called isomolded graphite) XRD-8W,
its bulk density is 1.91g/cm3,
Grain Size 10μm,
Flexural Strength 60MPa (which is about 8700 PSI),
Compressive Strength 135MPa (which is about 19580 PSI),
Shore hardness 70,
ash content 500PPM (500ppm means the purity is 99.95%, and when purified, ash content can be 50PPM, which means the purity is 99.995%).
It is with the highest price, usually, it is used in the field of EDM and photovoltaic industry.
We also have other grades of isostatic graphite, but this one is with the biggest density.

An application like gold ingot mold doesn't require it must be isostatic graphite. For price reasons, many choose molded graphite. Molded graphite in density 1.84 g/cm3 or 1.85 g/cm3 will be great.
I mean, of course, isostatic graphite (or called isomolded graphite) is better than molded graphite in material, but for this application, molded graphite also performs well and is cheaper. If it is an application like heating elements in the vacuum furnace, I will absolutely suggest the isostatic graphite.

I personally no longer have a need for molds or crucibles as I retired from refining a couple years ago - however you should provide more contact info (other then a PM through this forum) such as an Email address &/or a web site if you have one

Kurt

kurtak said:
I personally no longer have a need for molds or crucibles as I retired from refining a couple years ago - however you should provide more contact info (other then a PM through this forum) such as an Email address &/or a web site if you have one

Kurt

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Kurt. I didn't post my contact information because I was not sure if that would be allowed to post in the forum. But now I know it is allowed. Thank you.

My name is Tarzan, anyone who is interested in pure graphite products can contact me via email [email protected] or Whatsapp: +86 18737926175.
I am the marketing of XRD Graphite Manufacturing Co., Ltd. in China. The website of our company: www.xrdgraphite.com (in Chinese) or www.graphitemachining.cn (in English).

Hope people can see this reply, though it is in the low position of this post.

Thank you for posting all your contact info here

This section of the forum was set up for providing contact info as a business

Kurt

Back