im new

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paveprince

hey guys im new to refining . im a jeweler. id like to refine my own gold. i find all of your knowledge of refining to be impressive. i esspescially like how laver steve used clorox ,i thought that was cool but does it work on larger scale items though, like gold rings or is there a faster method for jewelery scrap.

Welcome to the forum!

Chlorox will work on larger items, but it will be slow. Ideally, you would roll everything out flat. General rule in chemistry is that the more surface area an object has, the faster it will react. So, make all of your gold items into thin sheet and they will dissolve right quick, I promise you.

C.M. Hoke's book, Refining Precious Metal Wastes was written for people just like you. It will hand carry you through every process you need to refine your own waste materials properly. I strongly suggest you buy a copy.

GSP provided the following information, which will lead you to a copy of the book:

The Hoke book, "Refining Precious Metal Wastes," is still the definitive book for refining jewelry scrap, including the platinum group. When I first started in the business, it was my bible. It's been reprinted and is available here for $74. Scroll down - fifth from the bottom.
http://www.ipmi.org/publications/index_non.cfm

Harold

Latest posts

Back