Impure silver from silver cell?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not protecting electronics
If the basket allows silver ions to slip through seems like a good idea.
Its a conductive a cloth weave
You seem to troll me a lot
Excuse me, I first replied to Richard that a conductive cloth, may not be good.
Then to you since I assumed you did not get the information.
And I really do not Troll at all, disagreement and pointing at mistakes and inaccuracies are not Trolling are it?

A Faraday cage do not only protect electronics,
it will insulate the inside against electric fields affecting the outside and vice versa.
If this is true with DC or not I don't know.
I'm just hinting that this particular cloth may not be ideal.

Back in the stone ages, when I was but a pup in High School, our Physics Teacher, who was a great proponent of practical application of principles, had a wide variety of toys to play with. One was a Faraday Cage, and I do mean a cage. Over seven feet high, it could fit two students comfortably. Using a Van de Graff generator and a
few other toys I do not remember the names of, electrical fields, high voltage arcs, and other such things were used to demonstrate the principles behind the Faraday Cage.

I learned, among other things, that the smaller the mesh of a Faraday Cage, the less likely of any external electrical current, or electrical field, entering the interior of the cage.

To my knowledge, no students were ever injured in these “experiments”, but they were fun.

Time for more coffee.

Back