incineration of plated pins WITH their plastic casing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember, but if you thinking gold absorbed by activated carbon in my case its not, cause I make a test with incineration to make sure no gold absorbed by activated carbon.

I want to make sure of how gold plating material react with pyrolizing or incineration process, does plated gold oxidize in this case? If its oxidize that mean we have to smelt the ash without make wet panning at all cause we will pan out the oxidized gold, or plated gold evaporate?? I'm sure gold will not contaminate with base metal cause if its contaminated I should get positive stannous test with acids process
I was more thinking about a cementing process.
But it is easy to check if there are Gold.
Just clip off the legs and dissolve the legs.

I was more thinking about a cementing process.
But it is easy to check if there are Gold.
Just clip off the legs and dissolve the legs.
After dissolving in AR I didn't get any positive test for gold, this is why I ask what exactly happen to plated gold while pyrolizing or incineration

Why burn or acid-etch pins if they don't contain gold?
We have a saying:
not all that glitters is gold...

After dissolving in AR I didn't get any positive test for gold, this is why I ask what exactly happen to plated gold while pyrolizing or incineration
That is why I ask you to clip off all or a few lags directly and and dissolve in as little liquid as possible.
If it is still negative there is just a anodizing looking like Gold.

can be checked with a magnet.
In modern technology, a layer of nickel is first applied, then gold.
if the pin does not magnetize to a good neodymium magnet, it is bronze..

That is why I ask you to clip off all or a few lags directly and and dissolve in as little liquid as possible.
If it is still negative there is just a anodizing looking like Gold.
No, I'm sure they have gold, same material processed as I usually do directly with acids and I got gold

can be checked with a magnet.
In modern technology, a layer of nickel is first applied, then gold.
if the pin does not magnetize to a good neodymium magnet, it is bronze..
It's magnetic, those pins from high grade telecom boards

Back