Insoluble in residual acid, shiny powder rock sediment reacts with boiling water.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even as a partially refined mass this would be extraordinary number would it not?
It depends what's in the partially refined mess and whether the reading is based upon all the items in the mess, or simply the metals within the mess. If the reading is not taking into account 99.9% of the mess then the raw numbers are way off.

This is why the preparation of the sample is so important.

It depends what's in the partially refined mess and whether the reading is based upon all the items in the mess, or simply the metals within the mess. If the reading is not taking into account 99.9% of the mess then the raw numbers are way off.

This is why the preparation of the sample is so important.
In this case it was a rock that the Op had crushed and playing with.
Most here agreed it was Serpentine, hence the consensus was that the insoluble portion was Asbestos.

From what I see in the mineral specimen photos, I see a Migmatite contact with a pegmatite. Also, I am pretty sure the ICP showed the first line ( int ) as grammes per ton. The white mineral is a feldspar, hence the high quantity of Al. I don't think this specimen is Serpentine. But as usual, I could be wrong. Can't tell s--t from pictures, but the ICP helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back