intel 775 pinless processors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nijiman

I have accumulated a rather large pile of intel 775 pinless processors. I have never processed these before and was wondering what might be the best way to process these since there are no pins to remove. Im scratching my head here, have a few ideas but dont want to end up with a mess on my hands so thought Id ask if anyone has any suggestions. I have roughly 300 of these puppies to do. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated

Also most have some gold plating on the underside of the heatsink plate. Not sure if they're aluminum or not.

Well they are rather worthless to process; The nickel plated Copper heat sinks are worth more than the gold they contain.

those pinless should be processed the same way as fingers; first HCl/Preoxide (H202)

and then collect the gold foils and refine them with HCl/Chlorox.

The foils are really small so most of it will be dissolved with HCl/Preoxide (H202)

Drop the gold out from both solutions and re-refine the gold.

you will end up with around 1g to 3g if not less; i don't have an accurate yield on those since they don't yield much gold.

Thanx, I kind of figured there wasnt much gold to be had. Oh well a gram is still a gram. As for the nickel plated copper heat sinks I guess I can sell it somewhere. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Both Nickel and Copper are said by some to be a good investment today. Maybe it would be a good idea to just save them up!

Latest posts

Back