• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Interested in buying these PC cards for more than metals value

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieK

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for PCMCIA (PC) SRAM Cards. These old technology memory cards were made by different manufacturers. The dimensions are 2.16” x 3.42” x 0.13” (54 mm x 85.6 mm x 3.3 mm).

Here are few images. I’ll post more later.

sram (1).jpgSmart.jpgVikant SRAM.png

Last edited:
Try to post in the wanted and for sale section, I'll move this there now.
Sorry Yggdrasil, I missed your reply and posted it in Introduction again.

Edited by Moderator: Removed double quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the PCMCIA ATA Flash memory and just Flash memory PC cards the same as these?
PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association)is an interface standard to computers.
Later they were called only PC Cards
ATA was used for storage devices like Hard drives and such, later split in PATA and SATA.

Are the PCMCIA ATA Flash memory and just Flash memory PC cards the same as these?
No, they are not. There are different types of PCMCIA memory cards. I'm interested in the ones that say SRAM on them.
I can also try to identify them by the numbers on the back if there is no front label.

Pcmcia are quite rare, I found a single one in all my years of scrapping. Not the kind you looking for.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230716_164657.jpg
    IMG_20230716_164657.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 0
I may have a
Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for PCMCIA (PC) SRAM Cards. These old technology memory cards were made by different manufacturers. The dimensions are 2.16” x 3.42” x 0.13” (54 mm x 85.6 mm x 3.3 mm).

Here are few images. I’ll post more later.

View attachment 57844View attachment 57848View attachment 57849
Do you mind me asking why are these in such demand at the moment? As I see they are making very good money on eBay

As I have a lot of them somewhere in my warehouse which came out of very old 3COM boards. I never finished breaking down for the board am I glad now :))

I may have a

Do you mind me asking why are these in such demand at the moment? As I see they are making very good money on eBay

As I have a lot of them somewhere in my warehouse which came out of very old 3COM boards. I never finished breaking down for the board am I glad now :))
I'm not sure if trying to sell an obsolete product at high price means that it is in high demand.

From what I understand, the cards I've posted the pictures of cannot be in working condition because they have a rechargeable battery that is dead and cannot be replaced.

Please, post or PM me images of cads you have.

I'm not sure if trying to sell an obsolete product at high price means that it is in high demand.

From what I understand, the cards I've posted the pictures of cannot be in working condition because they have a rechargeable battery that is dead and cannot be replaced.

Please, post or PM me images of cads you have.
Now we are even more curious. What use if there for a dysfunctional SRAM PC(MCIA) card?

Not planning to invade your market, just cat curious.

SRAM cells are quite fast and may be useful in various applications?
Or just collectors value?

Now we are even more curious. What use if there for a dysfunctional SRAM PC(MCIA) card?

As far as I know, my customer can salvage some micro chips from these cards

Hi,
There is no battery in these cards and I should have known as I stripped tons of these things so its either component reclaim or reuse :) any way it makes no difference if you have a market for them what are you paying? Old Intel flash for components reclaim :) Its possible I have a lot of them stripped mixed with old hard drive controller boards you would really have to tempt me to go sorting and looking for these as there are in my pension lot :))

Attachments

• flash cards.jpg
    flash cards.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hi,
There is no battery in these cards and I should have known as I stripped tons of these things so its either component reclaim or reuse :) any way it makes no difference if you have a market for them what are you paying? Old Intel flash for components reclaim :) Its possible I have a lot of them stripped mixed with old hard drive controller boards you would really have to tempt me to go sorting and looking for these as there are in my pension lot :))
The SRAM version will need it.
Flash or modems do not

Hi,
The cards you have are Linear Flash and Modems. You are right, they don't have batteries.
But, I'm looking for cards that say SRAM on them.

Untitled design (7).jpg

Last edited:
Just a guess, your customer wants them for the TFQP and BGA 256K/512K/1M SRAM Chips, a hot item on "that" countries' shopping list.

Sure hope you know your customer. I also hope you screen any sale items against the widely available lists.
Disclaimer - I work for an electronics parts broker. Every day, 20-30 new customers with deep pockets come looking for very specialized parts.......every one on the lists. We used to fill 80% of requests, but now >80% are asking for specific, export controlled (internationally embargoed) items. It's easy for my employer to say no these days.

Please don't take this post as either political or condescending - merely looking out for all members well being.

Back