introduce myself as a magnetic machine producer and recycling system provider, and looking for solutions to extract precious metals from IBA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hithere

Name : Zhenyu Qiu
Sex : Male
Profession : I was graduated from international commerce college, so I speak english, I have been in international business for 25 year to date , and now working with magentic machine manufacturing plant.
Hobbies : travel, reading
Interests : recycling system solutions and machines, creating waste-free cities, material circulars .
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 10 months
What are you looking for in our community? : looking for advices/guidences/solutions/business partners for 1. extract gold/silve from IBA incinerator bottom ash. 2. separating stainless steel 201 from 304/306 etc in mass mixtures .
How did you discover our Forum? : bing search

Welcome to the forum. I have incinerated literally tons of precious metal wastes from Jewelry manufacturers and the incinerator bottom ash was our product. We burned, crushed, and sifted to make a homogeneous sample to ship to smelters in Europe. But this was material collected from manufacturers working with precious metals so the waste was concentrated. Without the wastes being selectively saved for refining I fear the precious metal content would be to low if you were working with typical domestic incinerator bottom ash.

Welcome to the forum. I have incinerated literally tons of precious metal wastes from Jewelry manufacturers and the incinerator bottom ash was our product. We burned, crushed, and sifted to make a homogeneous sample to ship to smelters in Europe. But this was material collected from manufacturers working with precious metals so the waste was concentrated. Without the wastes being selectively saved for refining I fear the precious metal content would be to low if you were working with typical domestic incinerator bottom ash.
Funnily enough, incinerator bottom ash is surprisingly profitable 4metals. Edit: For clarity I might be talking about something different, I was referring to the bottom ash from waste incinerators that are used in Energy From Waste plants. It's large scale but the heavies contain a wide variety of metals including precious.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, incinerator bottom ash is surprisingly profitable 4metals. Edit: For clarity I might be talking about something different, I was referring to the bottom ash from waste incinerators that are used in Energy From Waste plants. It's large scale but the heavies contain a wide variety of metals including precious.
It would be interesting to see the value in the powder fraction vs the solid metallic fraction. with jewelers sweeps the powder carried most of the value. With this I suspect the opposite.

It would be interesting to see the value in the powder fraction vs the solid metallic fraction. with jewelers sweeps the powder carried most of the value. With this I suspect the opposite.
Good question and well asked. They actually process even the lights to extract everything. Some of the tech used to get the fluffies into solution (edit slurry) is marvellous to watch. Other than that the heavies are relatively simple to sort as you well know. ;)

We can take 30,000 tonnes per year of this but don't have either the right tech or the contracts.

Sex : Male
Profession : I was graduated from international commerce college, so I speak english, I have been in international business for 25 year to date , and now working with magentic machine manufacturing plant.
Hobbies : travel, reading
Interests : recycling system solutions and machines, creating waste-free cities, material circulars .
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 10 months
What are you looking for in our community? : looking for advices/guidences/solutions/business partners for 1. extract gold/silve from IBA incinerator bottom ash. 2. separating stainless steel 201 from 304/306 etc in mass mixtures .
How did you discover our Forum? : bing search

Hello hithere, welcome to the forum.

Do you have any pictures or presentation about you machines? Or you are just starting to blueprint/build some of them.

Hello hithere, welcome to the forum.

Do you have any pictures or presentation about you machines? Or you are just starting to blueprint/build some of them.
yes, as a machine manufacturere , we produce a vast variety of magnetic machines , we sort ferrous and nonferrous(mainly AL, Mg, copper, brass...) diameter above 2mm with our eddy current separators, the bigger the better. But for fine fractions or trace precious,performance not satisfactory. we understand gold/silver presence in IBA in fine size,and content is rather low indeed(mightbe as low as zero point or few grams out of 1 ton IBA).But in considering the quanitity, a typical middle sized incinerating plant crunch 300-500ton MSW per day , equals to 60-100ton IBA, the accumulative yielding is not negligible if fine precious metals could be recovered.

yes, as a machine manufacturere , we produce a vast variety of magnetic machines , we sort ferrous and nonferrous(mainly AL, Mg, copper, brass...) diameter above 2mm with our eddy current separators, the bigger the better. But for fine fractions or trace precious,performance not satisfactory. we understand gold/silver presence in IBA in fine size,and content is rather low indeed(mightbe as low as zero point or few grams out of 1 ton IBA).But in considering the quanitity, a typical middle sized incinerating plant crunch 300-500ton MSW per day , equals to 60-100ton IBA, the accumulative yielding is not negligible if fine precious metals could be recovered.
Hi, welcome! I have a question for you. If I took electromagnets differing in strength and pour a dissolved solution of mixed solution into a container that the magnets are surrounded would the metals separate out according to thier magnetic charge?

Hi, welcome! I have a question for you. If I took electromagnets differing in strength and pour a dissolved solution of mixed solution into a container that the magnets are surrounded would the metals separate out according to thier magnetic charge?
It may affect polar solutions in movement but I doubt it can separate anything in a meaningful way.
Think of it like this:
If you place a highly charged Electrostatic device close to running water,
it will bend the water stream slightly, but it will not separate what is dissolved in the water.

Maybe if one have very high charges and tight tolerances some separation may occur, given that the salts you want to separate has both poarity sufficient charge differences.
And then are sluiced through some separation device?
It is still work for sophisticated labs and scientists.
But I doubt that will be possible.

But in considering the quanitity, a typical middle sized incinerating plant crunch 300-500ton MSW per day , equals to 60-100ton IBA, the accumulative yielding is not negligible if fine precious metals could be recovered.
The milling and screening may cost more than what can be recovered. I don’t know if the ash is used for anything post incineration but if it is, that may be negated by the leaching process.

It may affect polar solutions in movement but I doubt it can separate anything in a meaningful way.
Think of it like this:
If you place a highly charged Electrostatic device close to running water,
it will bend the water stream slightly, but it will not separate what is dissolved in the water.

Maybe if one have very high charges and tight tolerances some separation may occur, given that the salts you want to separate has both poarity sufficient charge differences.
And then are sluiced through some separation device?
It is still work for sophisticated labs and scientists.
But I doubt that will be possible.
It can actually be done but under dry conditions. You also need to add velocity to the equation. I have a machine that will separate clean shredded steel from shredded steel that has non steel items attached to it for example boards or plastic or Aluminium or Copper.

It can actually be done but under dry conditions. You also need to add velocity to the equation. I have a machine that will separate clean shredded steel from shredded steel that has non steel items attached to it for example boards or plastic or Aluminium or Copper.
Yes but that is in metallic form, if you are going to separate ions in solution based on charge and magnetic propeties I assume you have to invent the technology first.

That would make for a nice video to see it in action.

Latest posts

Back