is this a good price to pay for scrap boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnes8888

i have a guy that will sell me 1 ton of computer boards it will cost me £190 / $300
this includes delivery
is this a good price for 1 ton of scrap computer boards or should i not do the deal

i think its a good deal as trying to get things off people computer shops and ebay are very hard and very exspencive

kind regards

barnes....

If you got that deal off alibaba maybe it is not that good deal. Price looks too good to be true so it will be scam you can bet on that.
Ask him to deliver, pay on delivery. Or offer collection with visual inspection prior loading and payment after that. If he will not be willing to do that or ask for money upfront - forget it.

Ask yourself - will you sell something worth 7000-8000 £ for 200-300? Like 4% of value? Hardly ever. :twisted:

yes on alibaba and he said i could pick up and pay on collection.
scrap for mixed is about 200 usd per ton if you was to sell to a scrap yard.

i would never send payment to any person/company without seeing what i was buying.

has anyone bourght any ting from this site alibaba and have had a bad deal with them of a good deal.

kind regards.
barnes.

Alibaba is good site, I am using it to find good deals. However that site is too big to control everything and some scammers use it for their "business".
Ask yourself again, will you sell 7k worth of material for 300?
Good deal is good deal but what you were told is not good deal - it is way too perfect to be truth.
Search on forum, read.
There was discussion here few months ago about exactly this type of ad for boards or CPU on alibaba, some members went for it, and it was a scam.

if what you say is true i will have a play with it and go and see for myself
see if thay have a ton of boards and if so wait till i have them on the van before and money is past over.

If that would be me in your skin I will forget quick everything about all of this. I see that you still believe you have good deal at hand. Well you have to go and see yourself.
You forgetting to ask yourself and answer - would you sell 7k worth of material for 300?

I am offering you easy money. If you buy 5 tons of motherboards and computer cards from whoever for 1500£ I will triple your money and buy that from you for 4500£. :idea:

to be truthful i wouldn't sell 7k for 300.

but this guy saying i can pay on collection and it was a scam would someone risk being found out buy trying to get them pick up fresh air.

if i was a scrap yard i would only be paying around 100 pound for a tone of bourds as it is classed as mixed scrap.

if anyone from london would like to check this guy out for me to see how much truth is in the story let me know.

patnor if i had 1500 i would but that amount of money goes striate to the miss .

IF that is legitimate and he is selling motherboards and computer cards for 300£/Mt he will sell them within 10 minutes of placing his ad.
IF he is advertising for some time you have to ask yourself what is wrong and why nobody is buying that for his price. One does not need to be genius to find out that something is not right there.

hi guys well thank you all.

i think if i would have gone with it i would have lost alot of money of bin given a shit lot of useless board's

im not going to even think of buying them there is no way hat its true

its to good to be true i will stick at my small lots im getting from ebay for now as it the safer way as i no if i dont get what i pay for i can get my money back.

thanks for your advice you are all such good people

thanks guys

kind regards
barnes...

Has anyone ever had a good transaction with a company listed on Alibaba?
I do not just mean e scrap but anything.
I'm thinking of getting canvas bags printed with my logo to give to anyone giving me a tower, laptop, or lots of green boards.

Latest posts

Back