Is this guy a forum member or have you dealt with him

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

For a guy that sells gold on eBay this guy should know what he is buying. Look at the negs he has left for others and the paypal claims he has initiated.

Wondering if cyberfoxtrade belongs to the forum or if nay of you have had the pleasure of dealing with him.

Feedback cyberfoxtrade left as buyer: If I had been burned that many times I would find a new hobby.
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=cyberfoxtrade++&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

I have known them for years.They are actually in miami,and have purchased gold from me many times.They are very easy to deal with too,I just call,tell him how much I have,he gives me a price and if I like it,he pays with paypal right then and there.Then I ship him the gold in the next say or two.I've never had a problem in all my dealings with him.
If you are concerned about selling to him,I wouldn't be.As long as you sell him what you say that you have(in my case 24k) there is no problem.

gustavus said:
For a guy that sells gold on eBay this guy should know what he is buying. Look at the negs he has left for others and the paypal claims he has initiated.

Wondering if cyberfoxtrade belongs to the forum or if nay of you have had the pleasure of dealing with him.

Feedback cyberfoxtrade left as buyer: If I had been burned that many times I would find a new hobby.
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=cyberfoxtrade++&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

Might be a good reference page for buyers and sellers alike.

I have known them for years.They are actually in miami,and have purchased gold from me many times.They are very easy to deal with too,I just call,tell him how much I have,he gives me a price and if I like it,he pays with paypal right then and there.Then I ship him the gold in the next say or two.I've never had a problem in all my dealings with him.
If you are concerned about selling to him,I wouldn't be.As long as you sell him what you say that you have(in my case 24k) there is no problem.
I went back and read through some of the negatives left for others,and I have to admit I am a little ashamed.Although I have never once had a problem with him,all of my dealings have been outside of ebay.Clearly there is an issue here.I have bought countless things on ebay,and out of 300+ transactions,I believe I have left less than 10 total negatives.
I fear there may be some sort of dishonesty going on here.Is it too late to retract my reccomendation?

mic said:
I went back and read through some of the negatives left for others,and I have to admit I am a little ashamed.Although I have never once had a problem with him,all of my dealings have been outside of ebay.Clearly there is an issue here.I have bought countless things on ebay,and out of 300+ transactions,I believe I have left less than 10 total negatives.
I fear there may be some sort of dishonesty going on here.Is it too late to retract my reccomendation?

Are you 100% sure he has been treating you fair?

Thanks. I will ban him from buying from me even if he is a good buyer when things go well. This guy does not appear to be patient enough to work with the sellers. Probably because they are so busy buying. Problem is that the sellers can't leave neg for the buyer. I am proud of my feedback rating, and always work with my sellers if something is wrong. I rarely leave negative feedback. The seller would have to be pretty bad and not try to work things out to get negative feedback from me.

Regards,
Tom

I am only getting 82% locally but its instant,and its cash.I have a place that will give me 98% but they want me to mail it to them,and I DO NOT like that idea.There is someone on the forum that I believe will give me about 95% but I havent asked him yet.And he is very trustworthy.Maybe I'll ask him.

Define Fair quantities.
And my loyalty is to one specific moderator first,no offense nic.If he is not interested then I will potentially seek another buyer.However this is not a situation where I would be interested in "mailing off" the gold and waiting for payment.As I have stated many times in my responses,I have trust issues with others.My buyer now,weighs it and pays me,thats it.No testing,or waiting.I've sold to him for years and he knows what I sell is pure.Im sure it won't be that easy with a new buyer.And unlike a lot of people,gold pays my bills,so I usually cannot afford the luxury of waiting to be paid for my gold.

mic said:
Define Fair quantities.
And my loyalty is to one specific moderator first,no offense nic.If he is not interested then I will potentially seek another buyer.However this is not a situation where I would be interested in "mailing off" the gold and waiting for payment.As I have stated many times in my responses,I have trust issues with others.My buyer now,weighs it and pays me,thats it.No testing,or waiting.I've sold to him for years and he knows what I sell is pure.Im sure it won't be that easy with a new buyer.And unlike a lot of people,gold pays my bills,so I usually cannot afford the luxury of waiting to be paid for my gold.
Mic I think you can trade safely with the majority of forum members who will know that your gold is good. The difference in what you are receiving and what most people will pay you on here is over 100 bucks per ounce and if you pay your bills from this it would be worth shopping around for a buyer who's a member, this place is very open as you have seen so trades are fair and good deals are posted as such, buyers don't want to get a bad name on here.

cyber fox is good i sold him a lot of gold for around 4k...he offered you 87 percent...thats a good deal for ebay..i pay 90 percent when i buy on there...

seems like every neg feedback that he left is gold scrap related...
i'd prefer avoid this kind of buyer

Wow, that's an impressive feedback he has going.
Kind of makes a guy wonder if he ever leaves positive feedback.

this place is very open as you have seen so trades are fair and good deals are posted as such,
Thanks nick.But I have traded with several members,and one moderator,and a couple of them i've traded in the thousands.I've never had an issue,and I know that I won't in the future.I have known them for years,and I do trust them.However my trades have been for material to process,not pure gold.I should mention that my buyer gives me all of the gold filled jewelry I can handle,and only charges an extra 10% off spot.So It is extremely vital that I keep him happy.

mic said:
this place is very open as you have seen so trades are fair and good deals are posted as such,
Thanks nick.But I have traded with several members,and one moderator,and a couple of them i've traded in the thousands.I've never had an issue,and I know that I won't in the future.I have known them for years,and I do trust them.However my trades have been for material to process,not pure gold.I should mention that my buyer gives me all of the gold filled jewelry I can handle,and only charges an extra 10% off spot.So It is extremely vital that I keep him happy.
That's understandable and in which case you seem to have a good arrangement and it's certainly not worth biting the hand that feeds you!

Claudie said:
Wow, that's an impressive feedback he has going.
Kind of makes a guy wonder if he ever leaves positive feedback.
He leave lots of positive feedback as well. I just think he does not care about working things out with the sellers. It is either what he expects or more and he leaves positive feedback. If it is not, heleaves negative feedback. Many times the sellers on ebay do not know what they have. They advertise what was told to them when they bought it. I usually buy small lots of sterling jewelry, and about 10% of almost every lot is not sterling. Many time it is mark 925, but only copper with a white melt plating (not always silver even). Very rarely does the seller not fix the problem when I tell them. Yes, it is a pain, but I now expect the lots to be 10% fakes.

Tom

HTPatch said:
He leave lots of positive feedback as well. I just think he does not care about working things out with the sellers. It is either what he expects or more and he leaves positive feedback. If it is not, heleaves negative feedback. Many times the sellers on ebay do not know what they have. They advertise what was told to them when they bought it. I usually buy small lots of sterling jewelry, and about 10% of almost every lot is not sterling. Many time it is mark 925, but only copper with a white melt plating (not always silver even). Very rarely does the seller not fix the problem when I tell them. Yes, it is a pain, but I now expect the lots to be 10% fakes.

Tom

This is SO true. My last two transactions I had to open a case(and got a refund on both). The sellers were auctioning gold filled jewelry that was in fact plated. The first seller played alot of games before refunding me. The second seller sent me another lot to try and make things right and it was another lot of gold plated scrap! This is after I explained to him what the difference was! At that point I told him I was sending him back his crap and if he stalled on the refund he was getting a neg plain and simple. It was the fastest I've ever seen someone respond to a case. So I can definately see how this buyer could be frustrated enough to be quick to leave negs. People selling stuff that they have no clue as to what it is, is my biggest frustration on ebay after scammers. It ties up money you could be spending on the stuff you really want and need.

Latest posts

Back