Is this guy a forum member or have you dealt with him

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldenchild said:
HTPatch said:
People selling stuff that they have no clue as to what it is, is my biggest frustration on ebay after scammers.
I agree, it gets so frustrating when sellers start mixing up descriptions on auctions. THe title looks good but mixed into the description are key words that make me wonder what is really being sold. Or they just ramble on in one big paragraph a description of everything. They either do it on purpose to confuse or they have no idea what they have. :cry:

I am a new member here and just read these is there any way we can get this jerk off ebay? I wish I would have seen these before I sold to him. He destroyed my first items he sent back and stole the diamonds out of one them, then kept all the others until I paid him to get them back! Now I want him ban from bidding on eBay he is a scam artist and doesn't deserve the right to do this to honest people. How can anyone legally advise others of what he does so they are aware of how he will scam them and make their eBay account all screwed up because of his negative feedback. And why wont eBay just ban him? Any suggestions of how to let everyone know about him? :evil:

I sold him (cyberfox) some gold a while back on ebay. It was a very smooth transaction and he left me positive feedback.

emmy said:
I am a new member here and just read these is there any way we can get this jerk off ebay? I wish I would have seen these before I sold to him. He destroyed my first items he sent back and stole the diamonds out of one them, then kept all the others until I paid him to get them back! Now I want him ban from bidding on eBay he is a scam artist and doesn't deserve the right to do this to honest people. How can anyone legally advise others of what he does so they are aware of how he will scam them and make their eBay account all screwed up because of his negative feedback. And why wont eBay just ban him? Any suggestions of how to let everyone know about him? :evil:

Maybe he is already banned. A search of his items yields no current or recent sales.

I've sold many scrap gold lots over several years to this buyer on ebay without troubles (just checked and it's 23 lots back to April 2010 - records before that are less easily accessed). Always set at fixed price with immediate payment required. Have always received prompt postive fb comments. On one lot only was there any sort of hiccup.... an unmarked, badly worn/damaged antique 14K watch chain with various attachments.... I missed the fact that one large end link was in fact 9K gold - a quick, easy and fair settlement was negotiated.

I think what's being missed here is perspective. 70 some-odd negative comments left amongst a total fb left of 74,000 doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me. This buyer has been high bidder/buyer of 1753 ebay listings in the past 30 days alone (he's clearly not been banned). I don't see where honest/competent sellers need worry about this buyer.

ps- This is my first post here. I've been avidly reading and studying here for the past couple of months. I will properly introduce myself within the next few days - just felt the need to jump the gun and post my experiences with this buyer.

Hello Palladium,

Your welcome & Thank You. I've written and posted an introduction over in the 'Welcome In' section. George.

I have sold him 3 items, and each time he said they weren't what I advertised them as. He asked for a heavy discount, and I agreed.
I thought I was wrong. This time I had a nice piece of jewelry that was marked 18K on the back. I tested it first. It tested 18K. He bought it, and immediately said it was 14K and he would keep it if I knocked 90.00 off. I said no, and he returned it. I took it to 2 very reputable jewelers for testing, and they both said it's 18K. Now he has a claim against me. I won't let him buy from me again. There are too many honest dealers out there.

I keep toying with the idea of getting back into selling on Ebay maybe some scrap that I'd rather not bother with, and some supplies from an earlier hobby that I don't use anymore. I believe someone suggested here awhile back that we should have a thread listing deadbeat buyers so that sellers could preemptively block them as bidders if they chose to do so? That may not be ideal, especially if someone were to be put on the list erroneously or vindictively. Of course anyone could choose to ignore the other's experience and sell at their own risk anyway. It seems like a workable aid to sellers though until something better comes along. Any thoughts?

I think I may have found the thread that I was remembering:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18028&p=181883&hilit=block+buyers#p181883

macfixer01

igotrugs said:
I have sold him 3 items, and each time he said they weren't what I advertised them as. He asked for a heavy discount, and I agreed.
I thought I was wrong. This time I had a nice piece of jewelry that was marked 18K on the back. I tested it first. It tested 18K. He bought it, and immediately said it was 14K and he would keep it if I knocked 90.00 off. I said no, and he returned it. I took it to 2 very reputable jewelers for testing, and they both said it's 18K. Now he has a claim against me. I won't let him buy from me again. There are too many honest dealers out there.

He has no claim to make, he returned the item, you refunded his money. What's to claim? Sounds like a bully to me.

Latest posts

Back