Ishor Large Scale Gold Refining by Aqua Regia method

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acidrain

Supporting Member
https://www.ishor.com/large-scale-gold-refining-using-aqua-regia

Any critiques on this method? I'm going to give it a go on a small 1lb batch of fully plated pins and if all goes well, a large batch of maybe 10lbs or so. I have done a 10g experiment before reading this when I was doing acquaintance experiments and it worked well, just a "dirty" first drop...

Attachments

• 740803032.jpg
    740803032.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 0
Any critiques on this method? I'm going to give it a go on a small 1lb batch of fully plated pins and if all goes well, a large batch of maybe 10lbs or so. I have done a 10g experiment before reading this when I was doing acquaintance experiments and it worked well, just a "dirty" first drop...
What do Aqua Regia have to do with Ishor?
Or are you talking about poormans AR?
If it is poormans AR, you will.be better off with plain Nitrates and HCl.

Their methods reference a book by George Gajda called Gold Refining. Possibly the worst book ever published on refining. That is worry-some.

Some folks think that if you pay for it, it has to be better. They don’t ever get that what we give away for free is actually quite good.

Last edited:
Their methods reference a book by George Gajda called Gold Refining. Possibly the worst book ever published on refining. That is worry-some.

Some folks think that if you pay for it, it has to be better. They don’t ever get that what we give away for free is actually quite good.
I thought it was kinda neat though as it's basically talking about what we discussed yesterday. Recovery using aqua regia digestion. The article didn't go into refining that dirty first drop though which would be a must.

And yes, the free information HERE is absolutely top notch!!

🚫 iShore!

If you want an in depth understanding of a way to do this contact orvi. He has some first hand knowledge that will be better than iShore. At least he won’t leave you hanging for answers if problems arise.

Look for older posts from a member named catfish. He posted a how to years ago for processing pins by the pound. It was an interesting read, and does work, if you don’t mind dealing with very dirty solutions.

IShore's method is ok for scrap of 20 percent gold. Your pins have 2 percent gold. Approximation. You would probably just create a mess by not removing the base metals first, making a reasonable yield improbable.

Latest posts

Back