just quick question.....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldinnature

Hello friends:
God bless you guys.....
I did a cyanide leaching gold finger but when i end up in precipitating i didn't found zinc so i use aluminum foil , after 2 hour nothing drop.
What a mess i did?

I used 1.2 KG of ram gold finger, i don't know how much gold should i get from it,and yes i add hydrogen peroxide 10%....

Don't want to sidetrack this thread, but what happened with this one;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=25969&p=275597#p275597

Did you use Sodium-Cyanide or one of the ferro/ferri Cyanides ? Maybe you have too much oxidizer left preventing the gold from cementing ? I had no problem cementing gold out of FerroCyanide solutions with Aluminium foil. You should be looking at around 4 to 5g of Gold assuming the fingers were closely cut.

Well, i did use Sodium-Cyanide....it may have too much oxidizer left preventing the gold from cementing , so what shoul i do to drop the gold???????

Guys....thank you for your response...well i saw nothing when i add aluminum foils just few aluminum foils drop in the bottom...am i miss something?
is there anything beside the zinc can drop the gold...what about SMB ?
Thank you

Actually as you said it dissolves and the liquid did not go cloudy at all and discolour...
about the picture i through all the dissolves finger after washing them,and i am sure the gold were dissolves.
HOW SHOULD I DROP THE GOLD?

goldinnature said:
Actually as you said it dissolves and the liquid did not go cloudy at all and discolour...
about the picture i through all the dissolves finger after washing them,and i am sure the gold were dissolves.
HOW SHOULD I DROP THE GOLD?

That is one of the questions you should have known the answer to before you started anything.

The more important question I have is;
Do you know what you are doing with Cyanide?, and for safe disposal?

Gold fingers are one of the easiest items to process, and cyanide seems like overkill to me for that process and a lot more dangerous.

I used to use AR , but this time i want to take another road, a new adventure...but it seem i screw up ...
so can someone teach me something ?

You still have free cyanide if the foils are just dissolving with no precipitation of gold, try adding more foils or sheets of aluminium, I always put a sheet in after i have dropped the gold to test the solution, if there's gold still in solution it turns it a light shade of brown.

A few questions i will ask first before I suggest a possible solution.

Do you have a fume hood to process in, not just a plastic bin with a fan in it but a ducted hood that can safely evacuate fumes?

What is the total volume of solution you are working with and how much cyanide (by weight) was added?

Here's from personal experience:
This was a while back, but I took some reagent grade Gold Cyanide, dissolved it in distilled water and reduced it with Aluminum foil. It worked well except for some discoloration of the Gold Foil with Purple Plague. (an alloy of Gold and Aluminum) No additives were introduced.

4metals
Thank you for your response ,Actually i usually do my experience in outside my house wich is located in forest no neighber no children around just me and the equipment.
The total volume of solution that i am working with is 1.7 L and i put 5g of sodium cyanide.

Latest posts

Back