just quick question.....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an analytical procedure used to analyze gold cyanide plating solutions which essentially drops out the gold which you weigh for the analytical result. This is usually done with 5 ml samples of plating solution so you would need to evaporate down the solution you have to a concentrate of about 50 ml. The procedure requires acidification of a cyanide solution which is always done in a good laboratory hood, which is why I asked.

As you are working in the back yard, neighbors or not, I do not feel it is safe for you to employ the method I am considering, so in the interest of your safety I respectfully decline to detail the procedure.

Well there is always cementation and redissolve in AR to purify. Whatever you do, you will face the probability of forming cyanide gas unless you rinse the solids well and heat until it glows red before adding the AR.

When you put something into solution you always have to consider how you're getting it out before you proceed. It's like putting a lock on a door before you make sure you have a key!

I will go back to question which anachronism asked.
How did fingers look after you stripped gold. Were they stripped clean with nothing on them just fiber? Or were they looking dirty with brownish/black appearance where metal was prior stripping?
It is quite possible that gold dissolved but then cemented back, I have seen it before. That is why anachronism asked for a picture of striped material I believe.

Latest posts

Back