keyboard Mylar refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpicSilver

hello,

i have a question, ive gotten about 6 lbs of Mylars from a friend, ive seen that the way you would get the sliver off its to dip the sheet into 50/50 nitric and proxide, but my question is when i got them from him he has cut them into really small pieces most are smaller the half an inch long, is there any other way to recover the silver when its this small or are they pretty much trash at this point?

EpicSilver said:
hello,

i have a question, ive gotten about 6 lbs of Mylars from a friend, ive seen that the way you would get the sliver off its to dip the sheet into 50/50 nitric and proxide, but my question is when i got them from him he has cut them into really small pieces most are smaller the half an inch long, is there any other way to recover the silver when its this small or are they pretty much trash at this point?
this topic has been covered numerous times on the forum. I just used the Search box and put in "keyboard Mylar refining" and got a bunch of great info.....

Here's one in particular.... http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=keybaord+mylars&terms=all&author=lazersteve&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all

though there are many, many others that cover this (both using a cell and simply acid, which is used on 'chopped' mylars).

Great thing, that search tool - try is sometime!

EpicSilver said:
hello,

Why peroxide to nitric?

Latest posts

Back