Last ? for now!!! - Gold Plating

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pi2008_com

I am using AP process to take gold off of the gold plated in the middle of the processors. The gold traces on the processor have fell already (16 hours so far with a bubbling adgitater). The plates are turning black in color, what does this mean. How do I know when the gold if off? Thanks to all who help with new people like me.

Those are beautiful processors.

#1 Remove heavy-metal plates/caps on cpus when stripping with AP.

Steel or alminum will sap the strength of the AP and push metal out of solution (base metals mixed with your nice gold foils :cry: ).

Are the CPUs whole or crushed? How many are in the Batch?

whole - i took the plated off with a heat gun and put the plates and chips in the AP solution. I only used 3 to see what i could get from them. I have an outlet that i can buy another 10,000 pcs from. Want to see what i can get first. The gold is off the ceramic all that is left seems to be the metal gold caps and the middle of the ceramic chip. What do you think.

With this particular package style, I think there is very little if any gold in the ceramic. It's mostly on the surface from the bondout wires to contact pads. The traces do pass out through a small "wall" underneath the plate. Plate removal is a requirement to get it all but I don't think crushing is needed.
P.S. You'll need quite a bit more than 3 for good yield data.

i know that i need more, however i can not tell when the gold is off the gold plate. bothe sides of this plate is gold covered, i do not know how to tell it is off.

The CPU 'lids' are easily stripped using the sulfuric stripping cell.

I've posted average yield data for lids already elsewhere on the forum.

Steve

Back