LeftyTheBandit

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftyTheBandit

Greetings;

A few people have asked me why I chose the name LeftyTheBandit. To clear up some confusion I will explain how I got the nickname.

I lost my arm when I was 10 years old.
Three months later I was playing baseball.
The next year I started playing football, which I continued to play until I turned 23. I was offered a Pro contract by the UK Cardiff American Football team, which I turned down because I had a girl back home who of course broke up with me 6 months later.

Now, I played outside linebacker and believe it or not I could catch (intercept) a football extremely well. I was given the name due to the fact I could steal the ball and lefty, well I will let you figure that one out. Hence the name Lefty the Bandit.

aka
The Canada Arm
Chopper
Lefty
Bandit
One Arm Bandit
FU 40 (abbreviated)

I have been told more times that I can count that "I'm going to rip your other arm off." and of course "and beat you with it." That's when I knew I had them. Of course those same competitors always bought me a beer if they met me off the field, however I would hesitate shaking their hands, just in case they intended on making good on their promise.

So there you go, that is why I'm known as Lefty the Bandit.

Regards

Richard

A fellow I know from BC has a hook, and he always kept this hand in his jacket pocket, one day a cop asked him what he had in the pocket he replied lint.

The comment lead to an altercation between the two which led to an assault charge and the fellow did a stint in Okalla over it. The cop being a cop could not leave it alone.

I have had a similar incident with the police here. Fortunately it turned out better.

I have never worn a prosthesis (hook), I keep my free sleeve tucked in my jacket pocket. The police asked me to show my hands. I was young a em-barest in front of my friends so I told them I could not, which was not what they wanted to hear.

I did not resist being subdued, It was not until they tried to handcuff me that they realized the situation. I dusted myself off and they apologized even-though it was my fault for being stubborn.

One of my greatest fears is being pulled over and the police calling for me to put my hands outside the car. I cringe when I watch one of those COPS episodes. Perhaps a bumper sticker might be in order.

glad to here you did not get nickname from being a bandit, and that you have been able to cope with loosing your arm, that shows character, and strength. and an ability to overcome, these things can strenghthen us, if our attitude allows, and you seem to have a great attitude.
man that has got to be troublesome doing daily things, I still have both of mine, but sometimes could use a couple of more, but then again sometime the ones that I have just get in the way.
hope your gold shines bright, and your silver glitters.

Back